- Job Listing Date
- 30 Apr 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Engineering - Software
Penguin Random House is the world’s largest and most recognized book publisher, and we’re looking for an Applications Engineer to help drive our digital transformation.
The role will be at the heart of our Digital Operations and Applications team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working closely with our Enterprise Architect, to help consolidate existing systems.
- Improve documentation and governance by contributing Knowledge Base articles for Service Desk and the end user.
- Work with our various vendors and agencies on application/project support. Some level 3 support work will also be required from time to time (minimal).
- Driving the strategy and implementation of new projects and products across both B2C and B2B.
- Take a strategic and logical approach to help find solutions to business problems.
- Minimum 3 years’ in a similar role analysing business requirements and developing solutions to meet business needs
- Managing Cloud environments – AWS, Azure – including hosting, migration and integrations jobs
- APIs and integration tools, such as Mulesoft and Talend
- Basic scripting using Perl, Python, Shell or other languages
- Implementing efficient DevOps practices
- Salesforce Apex and administration
- MS SharePoint site administration
- Developing functional and technical documentation
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, working with multiple teams to document and communicate requirements and implement solutions.
- Basic WordPress management and development (preferable)
- Microsoft products and data warehousing in SQL server would be a benefit
Experience across these areas will be highly regarded, but just as important is an enthusiasm and willingness to investigate solutions and understand the end-to-end process for a broad range of systems to add value to the business; be it better governance practices, product management, or innovation.
About Penguin Books Australia
Penguin Random house is the world’s largest trade book publisher and employs more than 10,000 people globally. At Penguin Random House, we’re dedicated to our mission of nourishing a universal passion for reading and strive to be the best home for our authors and people, the most service oriented partner for our customers and to put readers at the centre of everything we do.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Have you completed a qualification in computer science?
- How many years' experience do you have as a systems engineer?