Guest Service Agent and Cashier - Arkaba HotelPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 1 May 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Front Office & Guest Services
GUEST SERVICE AGENT
The Arkaba is a family owned and operated hotel with a long history as one of Adelaide's most iconic, innovative and successful hotel operations. We deliver an exceptional guest experience through warm and sincere service.
The GSA is the go to person in the hotel, not only for the guests, but also for the other staff in our large team. To be successful in this role, you must be highly motivated, passionate about the hospitality industry and ready to learn a whole new set of skills.
This is a unique position that combines front office and reservations along with important account keeping and cashiering tasks as well as taking enquiries for events and functions. In a time of change and growth for our organisation, this is a challenging role, but a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate.
This position will be rostered five shifts per week over 7 days. Shifts will be a mix of morning, afternoon and night shifts. Night shifts are rostered until hotel close, which can be from 12.30am to 4.00am, depending on hotel events. It is expected that all applicants will be willing to work weekends and public holidays, including Christmas and New Year's Eve.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Welcoming guests with a big smile
- Checking in and checking out guests
- Answer and direct incoming calls with a friendly phone manner
- Taking phone reservations with professionalism
- Counting tills and daily cashiering
- Assisting with guest enquiries and special requests
- Guiding guests by providing local knowledge
- Complaint handling / troubleshooting to ensure guest satisfaction
- Excellent organisational and team work skills
Who we are looking for
- Your smile is your asset and you present impeccably
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must, in addition to a friendly phone manner and a keen eye for detail
- You love interacting with guests
- You have a passion for the hospitality industry
- A team player who can also work independently
- A positive attitude is a must
- Able to multitask and stay calm under pressure
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism whilst on duty
- Knowledge of RMS and previous cashiering experience an advantage, but not essential if you have the right personality and attitude
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please apply now to be considered for this vacancy
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in the hospitality & tourism industry?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- Are you available to work a rotating roster with a combination of day shifts and night shifts? Night shifts finish between 12.30am and 4am, depending on hotel events.