National Marketing & Communications Manager
Advertiser: Barry NilssonMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 1 May 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Marketing & Communications, Management
Barry.Nilsson. is a growing national law firm with over 300 staff across 6 states. We have a formidable reputation within our three areas of expertise: insurance & health, family law, and property & commercial.
Having 55 years of history as a successful Brisbane based practice, in recent years, the firm has opened offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Hobart and Perth. It's currently an exciting time in the firm's development, with our interstate expansion, as well as a number of other new initiatives and significant projects underway, which the successful candidate will drive from a marketing perspective.
We're looking for a Marketing & Communications Manager to join our existing BD&M team on an initial 12 month contract in either our Sydney or Brisbane office. This position will work alongside the National Client Development Manager and will report directly to the COO.
The role will work closely with, and manage, a dedicated and enthusiastic team in order to undertake a broad range of marketing and communications duties including:
- developing and implementing an annual marketing and communications plan to a budget;
- tender and capability statement coordination;
- assisting senior practitioners in evaluating and preparing award submissions;
- website copy, design and maintenance;
- managing public relations/media and internal/external communications;
- driving online/digital marketing and social media strategies;
- ensuring the consistent application of corporate branding;
- developing new marketing initiatives;
- overseeing events, sponsorships, professional memberships, client entertainment, Elevista (Insurance training program), mail list and merchandise; and
- driving the roll-out of national initiatives.
We are seeking someone with:
- a degree in marketing/communications (or similar);
- proven ability to liaise and communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels and to manage staff;
- excellent persuasive verbal and written communication skills with good attention to detail;
- a 'can do' attitude supported by well developed time/project management skills;
- an interest in innovation and digital marketing in the context of professional services marketing;
- previous management experience in a comparable position; and
- a background within legal or another professional services environment.
While continuing to grow, the firm still has a very collegiate and friendly team environment and all staff are valued for their contribution. In recognition of this, all full-time staff enjoy every second Friday afternoon off.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity with the firm, please forward your confidential application to the People & Culture Adviser, Katie Guarrera via Seek.