Accountant - Legal Trust Account Experience - Full TimePrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 2 May 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Management Accounting & Budgeting
A Little About Us & The Role
Legal Practice Holdings is an Incorporated Legal Practice with a number of Niche Practices and non-legal services. This is a pivotal accounting role which pumps the lifeblood through the veins of the firm. You will have your finger on the pulse and have direct communication and interaction with the Directors and other team members.
Core Duties Include
- Maintain banking records & reconciliations
- Legal trust accounting - including ensuring that all legislative requirements are met
- Maintain & reconcile credit card accounts
- Accounts receivable duties including initial debt collection
- Accounts payable duties
- End of month procedures – Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet
- Balance Sheet reconciliations, including Intercompany loan accounts
- Superannuation calculation & payments
- Payroll processes - Tax calculation & payments
- Preparation & lodgement of monthly BAS/IAS
- General administration tasks
- Maintain financial records for preparation of end of year tax returns & financial reports
Skills and experience
- Qualified Accountant
- Verifiable Legal Trust Accounting Experience
- Ability to work unsupervised in a busy environment
- Ability to work as part of a team and/or independently
- Previous experience with MYOB
- Legal Trust Account EFT experience preferred but not required
What's In It For You
- Be a part of a team that supports 'team work'
- Be employed by a company that invests in, and promotes both professional & personal-development
- Family Friendly and supportive office culture
- Work for a company that works hard and enjoys rewarding and appreciating employees
- Ongoing team incentive programs
- Staff social club
- Free on-site parking
- Competitive Salary
- Have you completed a certified practising accountant (CPA) qualification?
- Do you have reconciliations experience?
- Do you have experience completing Business Activity Statements (BAS)?
- How many years of accounts payable experience do you have?
- How many years of payroll experience do you have?