- Job Listing Date
- 31 May 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Physiotherapy, OT & Rehabilitation
About Autism Queensland
Autism Queensland is one of Australia's most experienced providers of specialised education, therapy and support services for people on the autism spectrum and their families. For further information please visit www.autismqld.com.au.
About the Role
Are you ready to utilise your autism-related clinical experience and join an experienced team of allied health professionals and registered teachers primarily providing a combination of consultation and direct intervention services throughout Queensland to schools, families and other professionals as they support children and adults with a diagnosis of ASD?
As Autism Queensland moves into the landscape of the NDIS, these roles will also provide individualised programs through centre-based and outreach services for people of all ages with autism as well as intervention within AQ's centre-based early intervention group programs, as required.
These positions will be offered on permanent full-time or part-time basis for the right candidates. These positions can be based at Sunnybank Hills or Brighton but flexibility will be required to work across both sites.
Frequent intra-state travel is a component of these positions with travel of up to 5 days per trip approximately 3 to 4 times a term.
To access the position description, please visit the Work With Us page on our website - https://autismqld.com.au/page/workwithus
Skills & Experience
Tertiary qualifications in Occupational Therapy
Post graduation experience as an Occupational Therapist
Demonstrated understanding of contemporary methodologies in the provision of OT services to children with ASD/developmental challenges and their families
Proven knowledge of child and adolescent development
Experience with consultation based intervention
Ability to work effectively with families, educators and other professionals in a consultancy style role
Current open driver's licence and willingness to use own vehicle from time to time
Current membership of AHPRA
Culture & Benefits
Autism Queensland is an inspiring, caring and fun place to work with supportive, passionate and friendly colleagues and leaders who value your contribution and share your commitment to achieving work-life balance. Your work will be both challenging and rewarding and you will find scope and support for personal as well as professional development. You'll also enjoy the financial benefits of our generous salary sacrificing program!
How To Apply
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please apply ASAP! Your application should include:
1. A cover letter identifying the reason/s for your application;
2. A current CV / resume with contact details of at least two referees (who will only be contacted with your explicit consent following interview);
3. Details of current professional registration, Blue Card or Yellow Card if/as relevant.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have experience working with children with special needs?