- Job Listing Date
- 4 May 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Programming & Production
JMC Academy is Australia's leading higher education provider dedicated to the education, development and training of students who are passionate about pursuing a career in the creative industries.
JMC Academy, Brisbane Campus based in South Brishbane, seeks to appoint a full time studio and facility assistant.
The successful candidate will be required to assist the audio facilities Supervisor in the day to day operations of the educational studio and wider departments.
Basic job function will be to facilitate student learning in the recording studios; maintain, identify problems and trouble shoot solutions for all the Academy's facilities which include studio and classroom equipment, student computers and general building maintenance.
Key Selection Criteria:
- hold an appropriate academic qualification (minimum Bachelor Degree in Audio and Sound Engineering or equivalent);
- solid audio engineering and production experience in both live and studio recording;
- possess strong technical computer and relevant software knowledge for both Macs and PCs;
- demonstrated ability to quickly and effectively troubleshoot situations involving studio IT and AV equipment;
- excellent communication skills with a genuine client focus, and
- have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
If you feel you meet the criteria set out above and would love the challenge of working with young emerging audio engineers then please forward a current CV listing your recent projects, experience and education history along with a covering letter addressing the key selection criteria. Please forward your application to Alan Chang, Supervisor, Facilities department at firstname.lastname@example.org by COB 20th May 2019
The successful applicant will be required to obtain a Working With Children Check. Only applicants required for an interview will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's your highest level of education?