Advertiser: Mt Hira CollegeMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 May 2019
- Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Teaching - Primary
Mt Hira College is a growing independent, co-educational Islamic College located in the South-Eastern suburb of Keysborough. The College is a Foundation to Year 12 College which caters for students from diverse backgrounds. The College offer students every opportunity to grow through a varied and exciting range of opportunities and the College aims to employ staff of outstanding quality, committed to supporting exemplary student outcomes.
A position have become available in the primary/secondary school for a full-time:
- EAL/ESL (experience is preferable)
commencing in Term 3, 2019 (or earlier)
The applicant must be enthusiastic and passionate about teaching and demonstrate a genuine care for students. The successful applicant will possess the relevant qualifications for the position and must have VIT registration upon commencement.
All members of staff at the College are expected to be competent in the use of technology in the classroom, active in the pastoral management of students, supportive of the College's philosophy and able to contribute to the sporting and wider co-curricular program.
Child Safety Statement:
Mt Hira College is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children by providing a child safe environment. At Mt Hira College, students feel safe, happy and empowered as we support and respect all members of the College community. This includes the safety and wellbeing of our students from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds along with students with a disability.
All staff, students and volunteers involved in Mt Hira College have a responsibility to understand the importance of the role they play to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all students.
The staff at Mt Hira College will be required to have an induction on the College's Child Protection and Safety Policy while the staff handbook, which all staff are required to read, will include the Mandatory Reporting Policy and the Child Safety Code of Conduct.
Key Selection Criteria
- Experience teaching EAL/ESL
- An active interest in and commitment to the education of all students
- Understanding of current theory and research relating to educational pedagogy
- Ability to develop and implement learning and teaching programmes to extend and cater to the needs of all students
- Use of student learning data to target teaching and review learning programmes
- Proficiency in student management
- Strong communication and time-management skills
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with all staff.
- Analyse data and improve the learning outcomes of students in the classroom
- Well organised and flexible
- Possess and encourage a growth mindset
- Patient and relationship-oriented
- Enthusiastic and conscientious
- Committed to continual personal and professional growth
- Professional presentation and manner
- Actively pursue excellence
Qualifications and Training
- Relevant tertiary degree and teaching qualifications
- Hold and maintain VIT registration, or satisfy the necessary criteria to gain registration prior to commencement of the role
- Support the vision, ethos and culture of the School
- Contribute to and support the strategic directions of the School
- Support and adhere to all College policies
Applications, including a resume and covering letter, should be submitted in writing by:
4pm on Friday 7th June 2019 to:
The Principal, Mr Kadir Emniyet
Mt Hira College,
185 Perry Road,
emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
* We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Please also note that this position was recently advertised, applicants who have applied need not apply again. Only new applicants will be considered.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Have you completed a qualification in teaching?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have current teacher's registration in Australia?
- Do you have experience working with children?