Food & Beverage Function Supervisor - Casual - Weekends - Belgrave based
Advertiser: Puffing Billy RailwayMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 May 2019
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Hospitality & Tourism, Management
- Rare opportunity to supervise functions on a moving steam train!
- Must be available Fridays and Saturday evenings most weekends
- Supervision Experience Essential
About Puffing Billy Railway
Located in the picturesque Dandenong Ranges, Puffing Billy Railway (PBR) is Australia's premier preserved steam railway. Operating on the original mountain track from Belgrave to Gembrook, this century-old train offers a range of fun-filled experiences for visitors young and old.
A major tourist attraction, PBR attracts a large number of both local and international tourists each year and operates every day except Christmas Day, thanks to the tireless efforts of more than 600 volunteers and a small team of dedicated staff.
About the Role
This position is responsible for the full co-ordination of functions on our night train services, including but not limited to corporate requirements and internal functions when required.
The standard hours will be 9.00am to 5.00pm Friday and 4.00pm to 12.00am Saturday at least 2 weekends a month, with some roster flexibility depending on business needs. You will work between Belgrave and our function facility in Emerald.
Key responsibilities are (but not limited to):
- Managing full function set up and pack down
- Co-ordinating with caterers, train staff, entertainers to ensure a smooth-running function
- Rostering staffing requirements for the function
- Providing food and beverage service for visitors
This is a fantastic opportunity for a friendly, customer service orientated co-ordinator who 'enjoys the buzz' of creating an unforgettable evening for visitors.
The successful candidate:
- Is a skilled team leader who can supervisor a team of talented casual food and beverage service attendants
- Has previous experience function coordination experience
- Has exceptional customer service skills
- Is highly organized and deals with challenges with a cool head
- Is self-motivated, hard-working and thrives in a busy environment
- Hold a current Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate
- Hold a current Food Handlers Certificate
For further information and a position description see our website www.puffingbilly.com.au/careers/.
Applications will be assessed as received – forward your resume and cover letter via Seek outlining explaining why you would be the ideal candidate for the role.
Please note: Before commencing, you will need to hold a current Working with Children Check (employee), participate in a National Criminal History Check, hold a current unrestricted Australian Driver's Licence and complete a Category 3 Rail Safety Health Assessment Medical.
So what are you waiting for? Apply Now!
Puffing Billy Railway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities who have the relevant experience are encouraged to apply.
You will be joining a child-safe organisation and as such all employees and volunteers are required to undergo a National Police Check, a Working with Children Check, and sign our Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you hold a current Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificate?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- What's your expected hourly rate?
- Have you completed a qualification in hospitality?