Production Team Leader Steel Fabrication
Advertiser: Rapid SprayMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 May 2019
- Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Team Leaders/Supervisors
Rapid Spray are “leaders in fluid and liquid management” and we are currently looking for a highly motivated LEAN focused team leader to join our leadership team at our Singleton Manufacturing Facility.
Our Singleton steelwork facility manufactures a wide range of frames and brackets for our extensive range of water transport and spray equipment. Ranging from a high volume run of mounting brackets to a batch of heavy duty trailer chassis for a local council, your working day at Rapid Spray will test and enhance your skills as a LEAN thinking production team leader.
The ideal candidate will be trade qualified as a Boilermaker, Steel Fabricator or an experienced Welder with a production welding background. Your skills and experience in improving throughput of product and leadership of people will need to be demonstrated.
To apply, you will have a current FLT (Forklift) and car licence. This is a permanent full-time (38+) position for you, paying above award wages with no weekend work requirements to help you with your personal work-life balance. Rapid Spray is an equal opportunity employer.
Your new role
You will lead and direct a team of Trade and Non-Trade employees in the safe and efficient manufacturing of Rapid Spray’s steel products range.
- Safety focused, an example for others to follow
- Strong supervisory experience with sound mechanical aptitude
- Good people management skills
- Executing and implementing the department’s production requirements.
- Lead the day to day operations of the steel department
- Experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment with a strong focus on LEAN improvement strategies to improve throughput.
- Planning and organisational skills, a decision maker
- High product quality expectations and an ability to inspect against drawings
- Change management including leading and implementing Initiatives
To be considered for this role, you will have demonstrated experience within a high-volume manufacturing organisation. You will have previous experience operating a variety of Steel fabrication equipment including MIG, TIG, Gas Welding, associated benders and cut-off machines.
You will possess exceptional communication skills and above all you will be a team player. The role is based on site at our modern Singleton facility, with on street parking and excellent amenities for you to enjoy (no public transport)
If you feel that you have these skills and are ready to take the next step in moving your career forward, please send a brief cover letter and your resume outlining your skills and experience to email@example.com or hit the “apply now” button.
This role is to be filled ASAP and interviewing will start immediately.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Which of the following forklift licences do you have?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How many years' experience do you have as a production supervisor?