- Job Listing Date
- 8 May 2019
- Gosford & Central Coast
- $140,000 - $149,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Power Generation & Distribution
About Delta Electricity
Delta Electricity owns and operates Vales Point Power Station in the highly competitive National Electricity Market. Our mission is to generate electricity safely, reliably and competitively while respecting our workmates, customers, community and the environment.
In support of Delta Electricity’s core activity of generating electricity, we are seeking an experienced and self-motivated Ash Dam Site Manager to join our team located at Vales Point Power Station (Mannering Park).
- Competitive remuneration circa $142,800 + super (11.5%)
- Flexible working hours and conditions
- The opportunity to work close to home.
This position ensures the safe, efficient and environmentally compliant operations and maintenance for the Vales Point ash dam and surrounding buffer lands. The role also provides specialist leadership and advice on operational, environmental and commercial matters to other internal and external stakeholders.
In this important role you will be responsible for all aspects of ash dam management including the implementation of contractual and commercial arrangements with external providers.
- Oversight and management of external contracts to provide a positive commercial outcome and satisfy ash dam operational requirements.
- Be proactive and responsible for the environment and safe performance of operations across the ash dam by ensuring due diligence by complying with statutory, corporate and regional policies and environmental protection requirements.
- Ensure strict compliance with environmental, safety and reporting requirements for activities at the ash dam site.
- Responsible for the day to day management of activities associated with the ash dam including:
- dust management;
- pond capping activities;
- dam finger walls and other dam infrastructure development;
- dam inspections;
- environmental controls and inspections; and
- security controls and inspections.
- Manage truck movements including the development of planning and scheduling systems to allow efficient coordination of requests for truck movements and receipts.
Who We Are Looking For
It is expected that the successful applicant will have:
- Tertiary Qualifications to Degree level in Engineering, Business or other relevant field
- Substantial knowledge of modern power station plant, heavy industry, quarry, mining, civil or construction industries including operational and maintenance processes.
- Demonstrated ability to apply statutory requirements particularly in the areas of ash dam management, safety and the environment.
- Extensive contract knowledge and experience.
- Substantial analytical and problem solving skills.
- Substantial leadership and organisational skills, including developing and mentoring staff
If you have proven experience in a similar role and can demonstrate strong initiative, sound judgement and the ability to take ownership of a critical area of business we would love to hear from you.
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday 22nd May, 2019.
To apply click on ‘Apply for this job’. All applications must address the selection criteria listed above and attach a resume detailing your relevant experience and education.
To learn more about Delta Electricity visit www.de.com.au
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- What type of degree do you have?
- Tell us what understanding you have of statutory requirements in the areas of ash dam management, safety and the environment.
- Tell us about your relevant experience for this position.