- Job Listing Date
- 8 May 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Marketing & Communications, Marketing Communications
Barry.Nilsson. is a growing national law firm with over 300 staff across 6 states. We have a formidable reputation within our three areas of expertise: insurance & health, family law, and property & commercial.
Having 55 years of history as a successful Brisbane based practice, in recent years, the firm has opened offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Hobart, Adelaide and Perth. It's an exciting time in the firm's development, with our interstate expansion, as well as a number of other new initiatives and significant projects underway.
We're looking for an experienced BD&M Adviser / Manager to join our existing BD&M team on an initial 12 month parental leave contract.
Reporting to the National Client Development Manager and the National Marketing & Communications Manager, this role will encompass a broad range of BD&M duties including:
- tender and capability statement preparation;
- assisting principals and senior lawyers in evaluating and preparing award submissions;
- preparing solicitor biographies;
- writing website content and working with an external content writer;
- working with team members to produce effective marketing materials;
- implementing marketing/business plans consistent with the firm's overall goals and objectives;
- assisting lawyers to implement the marketing aspects of individual marketing plans;
- documenting, driving and implementing the Sydney office business plan within the national business plan; and
- assisting with the roll out of national initiatives.
We are seeking someone with:
- relevant tertiary qualifications;
- experience in a similar role at a senior adviser or junior manager level, within the legal or other professional services environment;
- experience in the insurance industry would be highly regarded but is not mandatory;
- broad understanding and experience in many of the tools and techniques of professional services marketing;
- the ability to work with people at all levels;
- excellent persuasive written and verbal communication skills including good attention to detail;
- well developed time/project management skills;
- a high level of initiative and the ability to work autonomously; and
- enthusiasm, energy and a "can do" attitude.
The successful candidate will need to have the experience and confidence to be the sole BD&M representative in the Sydney office, whilst still being able to draw upon the knowledge and resources of team members in Brisbane.
While continuing to grow, the firm still has a very collegiate team environment and all staff are valued for their contribution. In recognition of this, all full-time staff enjoy every second Friday afternoon off.
If you're interested in pursuing this opportunity, please forward your confidential application to the HR Adviser, Katie Guarrera via Seek.