Advertiser: Agerris Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 May 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Engineering - Software
Agerris is a field robotics start-up spun out of the University of Sydney that plans to revolutionise the agricultural industry through the development of field robotic and intelligent systems (www.agerris.com). Agerris will assist farmers globally in improving their productivity and profitability, as well as support environmental sustainability and animal welfare.
Agerris is currently seeking a full-time software engineer to join its growing team. The role is an opportunity to work on challenging and rewarding projects with the possibility of advancement as the company grows.
Inter and intra-state travel for short periods will be required.
You will be someone who is a constant learner, natural problem solver and someone who can deliver to a deadline. The role will require you to:
- Program and test code to interface with hardware systems
- Program APIs for front-end development
- Design and automate test cases
- Assist with the development of the deployment pipeline
- Assist with the maintenance and administration of cloud architecture
- Assist the team on field trials
- Train, test and deploy machine learning models
Skills & Experience
Successful candidates will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and experience in the field (Software engineering, Mechatronics engineering, Robotics, Computer Science or a related field)
- 2+ years of work experience on machine-learning/robotics based projects
- Strong proficiency in C++ programming or Python
- Proficiency in machine-learning frameworks and libraries (Tensorflow / Keras / Pytorch / Scikit-learn)
- Experience with software collaboration tools (Git / Bitbucket / Innersource)
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Experience with Docker / Kubernetes
- Experience with Linux based embedded systems
- Experience with Amazon Web Services including EC2, S3, and Sagemaker
- Experience with data analytics platforms (Splunk, ElasticStack, Sumologic).
Applicants must have full working rights to work in Australia
- How many years' experience do you have as a software engineer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends, evenings, public holidays)