Advertiser: Agerris Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 May 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Agerris is a field robotics start-up spun out of the University of Sydney that plans to revolutionise the agricultural industry through the development of field robotic and intelligent systems (www.agerris.com). Agerris will assist farmers globally in improving their productivity and profitability, as well as support environmental sustainability and animal welfare.
Agerris is currently seeking a full-time mechatronics engineer to join its growing team. The role is an opportunity to work on challenging and rewarding projects with the possibility of advancement as the company grows.
Inter and intra-state travel for short periods will be required.
You will be someone who is a constant learner, natural problem solver and knows how to get things done while in the field. The role will require you to:
- Assist in the building of robotic systems (mechanical/electrical)
- Assist the lead engineer in the design of electromechanical & sensing systems and integrate them onto our robots
- Assist the team on field trials
- Help debug mechanical/electrical issues.
- Help conduct tests on mechanical/electrical systems
Skills & Experience
Successful candidates will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and experience in the field (mechatronics/ mechanical/ electrical engineering, robotics or a related field)
- 2+ years of work experience on robotics/mechatronics based projects
- Experience with design and manufacture of mechatronic systems involving sensing, actuating, and/or computing
- Strong proficiency in using CAD (we use SolidWorks)
Bonus points for:
- Experience with electrical system integration including wire harness design and routing
- Knowledge and experience using PCB design software such as Altium
- Software development experience (e.g C++/Python)
- Experience debugging sensors and power systems
- Experience in the design of automated agricultural equipment/machinery systems
- Exposure/understanding of machine design, vehicular dynamics and mechanisms.
Applicants must have full working rights to work in Australia
- How many years' experience do you have as a mechatronics engineer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?