Advertiser: West African Resources LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 May 2019
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Health, Safety & Environment
West African Resources Limited is an ASX listed gold company (trading symbol: WAF). The Company is currently preparing for the development and subsequent operation of the Sanbrado Gold Mine in Burkina Faso, West Africa.
The Sanbrado Project is a 2.5 Mtpa Gold project in West Africa encompasses both underground and open pit mines.
West African Resources is seeking to employ an experienced trainer to work as part of the underground mining team to develop and deliver training to the underground mining workforce.
Reporting to the Underground Manager and working closely with the OHS team, the Underground Trainer will be an integral part of the successful commencement of operations and establishment of the mines rescue team at the Sanbrado Operation. Essential to this role is the ability to contribute to the development and implementation of safety management systems and processes.
The Underground Trainer will be responsible for:
- Developing of OHS and ERT training packages;
- Assisting in the development of underground mining training procedures;
- Establishing a competency database;
- Conducting verification of competency checks as part of the recruitment process;
- Assist in the selection and purchase of Emergency Response equipment;
- Deliver inductions.
- Delivery of OHS and ERT Training;
- Establish and perform training assessment, verification of competency and revalidation procedures;
- Assisting in the selection and training of the Emergency Response team and safety representatives;
- Maintain an emergency response roster;
- Conduct emergency response and firefighting drills;
- Monitor and audit the Underground Mining Contractor to ensure that activities are being performed in accordance with the Integrated Safety Management Plan;
- Mentor the development of skills with local Employees.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE
West African Resources is seeking applications from experienced underground trainers with the following skills and experience;
- Certificate IV Training and Assessment
- Previous experience in the development and delivery of OHS, VOC and ERT training within an operating underground mining environment (essential)
- Experience in a similar role during project development (highly regarded)
- Experience working with mining contractors
- Previous employment experience in the West Africa mining sector (highly regarded);
- Bilingual – French / English (highly regarded)
- Have the confident and experience to develop and deliver training to employees with limited underground mining work experience
- The ability to share knowledge and information in a logical and consultative manner
- A competent user of Microsoft Office and training databases
Candidates with the following Australian competencies will be highly regarded:
Certificate III - Mine Emergency Response and Rescue, with the following competencies:
- Operate in self-contained regenerative oxygen breathing apparatus
- Control underground fires
- Conduct underground search
- Extricate casualties from underground incident
- Further qualifications in OHS, Training or Emergency Response also be desirable
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this role, please submit your CV and an introductory covering letter (word or PDF) by following the “APPLY NOW” prompts.
Please include the following details as part of your covering letter;
- Domicile (Country / City);
- Salary range expectation (US$);
- Qualifications / Certification; and
- Availability to commence role
Shortlisting for this role will commence immediately.
Further information is available about the Sanbrado Gold Project on the Company website;
Recruitment Consultancies are respectfully requested not to submit applications for this role. Candidates will be considered via direct application only.