PRINCIPAL TOWN PLANNER
Advertiser: John Gaskell Planning ConsultantsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 May 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Design & Architecture, Urban Design & Planning
John Gaskell Planning Consultants (‘JGPC’) is a town planning firm providing a range of consultancy services including strategic and local planning, policy formulation and planning scheme drafting, development application preparation, property advice and court expert work. JGPC has a growing client base including private development companies and Local and State Government authorities.
A unique and exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic Principal Planner to join our town planning firm who is ready to assist in building our business and escalating their career. You will:
- Be looking for new opportunities to grow your career;
- Have strong oral and written communication skills;
- Have a good reputation amongst your peers, in your profession and in the private sector;
- Have strong skills in development assessment, including complex development applications;
- Be committed to building a strong reputation for yourself and our firm;
- Have connections in the private sector for new projects for the business (desirable);
- Have experience in strategic planning projects (desirable).
We offer staff:
- Strong mentoring and professional development opportunities;
- Positive, supportive team environment;
- Broad experience and variety of work;
- Competitive remuneration; and
- Good working conditions and hours.
JGPC can offer the successful candidate the opportunity to be involved in a diverse range of interesting and challenging projects for our range of clients. You will receive the benefits of direct supervision and mentoring from senior staff in a boutique firm focussed on providing excellent standard of service, achieving high quality outputs and fostering strong client relationships. A competitive remuneration package will be tailored to attract the best candidate for the job. Our practice is proud of its focus on quality, work variety and strong work/life balance. The key attributes of the successful candidate sought include:
- Around 8 – 12 years experience working in the planning profession (development assessment experience in Queensland is mandatory, and strategic planning experience is desirable);
- Bachelor of Urban & Regional Planning or equivalent (high minimum GPA)
- Solid development assessment experience, including a strong understanding of the application of planning schemes, the Planning Act 2016 and knowledge of related planning and environmental legislation (mandatory);
- Strong written and oral communication skills, technical ability and competency in the delivery of key ‘products’ of the planning role;
- A high standard of communication and relationship building skills, including the ability to relate well to and build rapport with clients, government contacts and team members;
- Professional recognition by Planning Institute of Australia (preferred);
- A profile or involvement in a professional organisation(s) (desirable); and
- Current driver’s license (mandatory).
To apply please provide a covering letter outlining your response to the position and a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (John Gaskell).
Applications are to be received no later than close of business Thursday 23 May 2019.