Fitter Machinist - Full Time - Located in Belgrave
Advertiser: Puffing Billy RailwayMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 May 2019
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Fitters, Turners & Machinists
About Puffing Billy Railway
Located in the picturesque Dandenong Ranges, Puffing Billy Railway is Australia's premier preserved steam railway. Operating on the original mountain track from Belgrave to Gembrook, this century-old train offers a range of fun-filled experiences for visitors young and old.
A major tourist attraction, Puffing Billy Railway attracts large numbers of both local and international tourists each year and operates every day except Christmas Day, thanks to the tireless efforts of more than 600 volunteers and a small team of dedicated staff.
About the Opportunity
Based predominantly at our Belgrave workshop, this full-time role (7.30am to 4.00pm Monday to Friday with an RDO a month) will be primarily required to carry out running maintenance and restoration of historic locomotives, carriages and other equipment.
This is a rare opportunity to work with a team of talented trades and craftspeople ensuring high quality maintenance and operation of Puffing Billy Railway’s locomotives and carriages.
If you are a skilled trades person who is a team player with great communication skills and enjoy learning new things this could be the job for you.
The ideal candidate would have the following:
- A mechanical trade qualification as a Fitter or a Mechanic
- Experience maintaining heavy machinery
- Experience in using workshop machinery for drilling, cutting, grinding, milling and turning
- Ability to interpret technical manuals and drawings, accurately work to tolerances and perform precision measurements
- Welding experience would be highly regarded
In addition, the successful candidate may be required to work at any other nominated location about the Belgrave-Gembrook railway corridor as required.
Please note: Before commencing, you will need to hold a full driver’s licence, current employee Working with Children Check, participate in a National Criminal History Check and participate in a Category 3 Rail Safety Health Assessment Medical.
For further information and a position description see our website www.puffingbilly.com.au/careers/.
Apply via Seek by forwarding your resume and cover letter explaining why you would be the best candidate for the role. Applications will be assessed as received. Applications close on 28 May 2019.
If you are a looking for a role with a difference - Apply Now!
You will be joining a child-safe organisation and as such all employees and volunteers are required to undergo a National Police Check, a Working with Children Check, and sign our Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct.
Puffing Billy Railway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities who have the relevant experience are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a machinist?
- How many years' experience do you have as a machine operator?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years' experience do you have as a fitter?