Senior Medical Receptionist/Practice Manager
Advertiser: Range ENTMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 May 2019
- Toowoomba & Darling Downs
- Work Type
- Healthcare & Medical, Medical Administration
SENIOR MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST/PRACTICE MANAGER
Range ENT is a recently established ENT practice located in Toowoomba. We are looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working, and reliable senior medical receptionist/practice manager to join our friendly team.
Key duties will entail
- Providing first line contact with patients in a friendly and courteous manner via telephone, email, and face-to-face interactions.
- Maintaining an accurate diary and calendar of events for surgical staff
- Preparing and running patient clinics.
- Booking of operating lists with private hospitals (both elective and emergency) and liaising with anaesthetists in addition to public-based appointments.
- Maintaining fostered relationships with clinicians and other health organisations.
- Data entry and general office duties
- Liaising with public departments (i.e. Medicare, DVA, WorkCover) and insurance providers
- Maintaining an electronic and paper based practice
- Invoicing/receipting medical accounts and account reconciliation.
- In room Doctor assistance
- Typing letters from dictation
The ideal candidate must possess
- Excellent communication skills which can be delivered over the phone, via email and face-to-face.
- An approachable and helpful demeanor
- Confidence, a strong work ethic and willingness to learn even in unfamiliar situations
- Excellent computer skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work cohesively in a team environment
- Sound medical typing skills
- General understanding of medical terminology and the importance of patient privacy and confidentiality
- Additional skills that are ideal include:
- Competence in Genie medical software use
- Good working knowledge or Eclipse billing software/Tyro.
The ideal candidate will have at least 3-5 years of experience working in a similar role (ideally having come from another medical specialist practice). It is ideal, although not necessary, that the candidate possess or be in the process of completing a Certificate in Business Administration (Medical) or similar. On offer is a dynamic role that will encourage professional development and extension within the practice. The option to up skill and undertake further education and training will be encouraged and supported.
Casual (approximately 38 hours per week) with the potential for transition to a Permanent, Full-time position.
Please email CV in confidence by Friday 7th of June 2019 to email@example.com. Please note that candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing date.
- How many years' experience do you have as a medical receptionist?
- How many years' experience do you have as a receptionist?
- Which of the following medical practice management software do you have experience with?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?
- Which of the following days and times are you available to work?