Advertiser: Sorbent Paper Company Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 May 2019
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Process Engineering
- Do you want to work with some of Australia’s leading brands?
- Part of a team that design and make products used in homes across Australia every day?
- Based in Box Hill
The Sorbent Paper Co is built on strong traditions. Past generations have worked tirelessly to build our knowledge, best-in-class technology, customer relationships and market leading brands - Sorbent, Handee, Deeko and Purex.
When you join us you become part of a 300 employee team working across Australia. Nothing is more important than taking care of our consumers, customers, communities, each other and the environment.
We know you’ll find The Sorbent Paper Co to be a workplace where everyone is welcome. We are always seeking talented people to join our team and help us grow. Are you ready to make a difference?
About The Role
As a Process Engineer you will be working with cross functional teams within the business, your key responsibilities:-
- be the process champion of the manufacturing unit allocated to you
- work closely with key stakeholders in production, maintenance and marketing teams supporting critical processes and providing expertise to new product development
- resolve complex technical issues that have been escalated
- monitor and identify opportunities to drive continuous improvement in efficiency and,
- have an agile personality, adapting to changes in market demands, production plans and a hands-on approach to support our general operations.
You Must Have
To be successful in this role:-
- MUST have a minimum 5 years’ experience in a Manufacturing based industry as a Process Engineer (Pulp & Paper, Packaging, Chemical, Pharmaceutical or similar);
- Relevant engineering degree (ideally mechanical, chemical or production);
- Solid understanding of process engineering fundamentals;
- Strong communication and stakeholder engagement skills;
- Experience working within a Unionised environment;
- This role is expected to be a stepping role for an engineer who is aspiring to develop into roles such as Shift Manager or Production Manager in the future.
What's in it …. For You?
With an exciting future ahead of us, you can be part of a team that design and make established and recognised products used in homes across Australia every day. So come and join us to be part of this success story.
Applications must be received by 31 May 2019 – interviews to commence immediately.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a process engineer?
- Have you completed a qualification in engineering?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?