Accounts Payable Officer
Advertiser: Over The Wire Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 May 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Accounts Payable
About the business
Over the Wire is an ASX listed Telecommunications and IT Services Company with a difference. We take pride in delivering voice and Internet solutions for Australian and New Zealand businesses that contribute to positive business outcomes.
We meet with businesses face to face to understand their drivers and goals. Each customer engagement is unique, and our staff are trained to identify the best mix of technologies to achieve the desired outcomes of the business.
Over the Wire offers businesses the following integrated suite of products and services:
- Data Networks and Internet
- Cloud and Managed Services
- Data Centre Co-Location
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Accounts Payable Officer to join our Finance Team. Reporting into the Accounts Payable Team Leader, the core responsibilities of the role include:
- Responsibility for the Accounts Payable function, including data entry, processing, remittance advice, preparation of payment runs, etc.
- Managing the end-to-end invoice approval process prior to cashflow forecasting and eventual payment;
- Monthly detailed reconciliation of all upstream services on our supplier invoices, to our customer billing systems.
- Identifying stock and assets acquired, and accurately recording these in the accounting system.
- Preparing and issuing purchase orders, ensuring the approval process has been followed.
- Expense reimbursement for staff and Petty Cash Reconciliation
- Filing Invoices once paid
Benefits and perks
Working for Over the Wire, you will find yourself surrounded by a team of highly technical, customer service focused people who are passionate about online technology. We are driven to help our customers. Within an informal, social, yet professional environment you will be fully supported with the tools you need to achieve today and develop new skills for tomorrow.
At Over The Wire we pride ourselves on looking after staff and providing an environment that you enjoy working in. We organise regular social events, monthly catered lunches, ongoing training and an employee share scheme to help set up your future.
We strongly believe in work/life balance and flexibility, working hard to create an environment that is diverse, supportive, challenging and team-oriented. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Skills and experience
Accounts Payable and reconciliation experience is essential, but other key attributes which would help you stand out in the application process include:
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong methodical and structured work practices.
- Enjoy helping customers in a friendly, helpful and positive manner
- Commitment to teamwork and collaboration is essential, as well as flexibility in the day-to-day activities of the role.
How to apply:
Please submit your resume and a cover via the Seek application process. Your cover letter should outline how your skills and experience satisfy the core functions of the role and the key attributes above, as well as what you can bring to Over the Wire and team here.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
All applicants must be local in Brisbane and available for immediate interviews.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an accounts payable officer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have previous invoicing experience?
- Do you have experience completing ad hoc and month end reporting?