Office AdministratorPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 13 May 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
About the company
Located in the beautiful surroundings of St Kilda road and easily accessible by public transport, this innovative organization is a renowned leader in their field. Providing exceptional medical advice to patients, they strive to empower individuals to optimize their health.
This organization requires a self-motivated, adaptable and empathetic individual to join the team. As an Office Administrator the duties are extremely varied and no two days will be the same!
Hours are: Monday – Thursday 7.30-3.30pm with Friday’s off so approximately 30 hours per week.
This is a permanent part-time role and has the potential to go to full time in the future. There is a probationary period of 6 months.
About the role
Reporting through to the Office Manager this role will involve:
- Greeting patients and building rapport with patients
- Booking and rescheduling patient appointments by telephone and email
- Assisting in the dispensary and dispense supplements as prescribed by the doctor
- Answering telephone calls and assist with patient queries
- Utilizing Microsoft office (outlook, word, excel) on a daily basis
- Other ad hoc office duties (ordering consumables, post office duties, keeping track of stock and ordering stock as required, balance register at the end of the day, basic cleaning of practice prior to opening, using the fax, scanning/ shredding and downloading of medical results, general administration/ filing duties)
The successful individual will demonstrate an excellent attention to detail and have a proven track record in making sure the practice runs smoothly. We require a highly efficient individual who has the ability to build rapport with clients as well as juggle many different tasks at once.
Training will be provided for the right candidate but we require someone with a can-do and positive attitude.
We require someone who displays a high degree of confidentiality as patient privacy is of upmost importance to the practice.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this position you will have previous experience working in a very fast paced medical reception. The successful individual will display excellent customer service skills along with interpersonal skills. Adaptability and time management skills are also key for this role.
Prior knowledge working in a fast paced medical clinic would be advantageous. Health sciences / dispensary knowledge would be a distinct advantage but not essential. Knowledge of software package Best Practice would be helpful but not essential.
How to apply
Click on the “Apply now” button with a cover letter addressing the selection criteria AND a detailed resume in word format.
Please note applications only accepted from Australian / New Zealand residents with valid Australian work rights or temporary residents on work visas.
Please address the following questions in your cover letter:
What does SIBO stand for?
What are the 3 symptoms of SIBO?
What is the difference between Hashimoto’s disease and Graves thyroid disease?
How many hours per week would be ideal for you?
What is your desired hourly wage?
As we expect a large volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please submit your application using the “Apply” button above.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?