Schools and Community Programs Officer
Advertiser: Surf Life Saving Western AustraliaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 May 2019
- Perth, Northern Suburbs & Joondalup
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Community Development
An outstanding opportunity exists for a driven and motivated Schools and Community Programs Officer to be part of a team that is dedicated to delivering training courses and drowning prevention programs to WA schools and the broader community.
Surf Life Saving Western Australia (SLSWA) delivers a range of established training courses and programs to develop the community’s capacity to recreate safely on the coast and reduce coastal drowning deaths and injuries.
Working within the Training and Education Department at SLSWA, the Schools and Community Programs Officer arranges the delivery of training courses and drowning prevention programs to WA schools as and the broader community.
With a particular focus on schools (K-12), this role is responsible for contacting clients and booking training courses and community programs. This includes liaising and maintaining relationships with current customers as well as identifying new opportunities, responding to Expressions of Interest, contacting new potential business prospects and growing the number of school and community programs delivered by SLSWA.
- Actively promote SLSWA’s range of school and community education programs to schools, community groups and individuals, including groups from diverse backgrounds.
- Regular contact with current and new prospective school and community groups including management of current SLSWA schools customer base and maintain ongoing relationships.
- Book and organise the delivery of SLSWA’s suite of education and awareness programs.
- Administration of school and individual program bookings via phone and online booking SMS database aXcelerate
- Identify opportunities to promote SLSWA retail products to course clients
- Assist in recruitment, training, rostering and management of casual Community Program Instructors
- Manage program administration including maintaining online and print resources, equipment allocation and venue bookings
- Assist in course administration including issuing of certificates as required
- Responsibility for delivery of programs to budget and in accordance with operational plans
- Monitoring of training course and program outcomes and working to continually improve all programs to meet community needs
- Regularly monitor course resources and ensure that all equipment is maintained to a high standard
- Management of customer and supplier payment details
- Completion of SLSWA and contractual reporting and acquittal requirements
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, click on the APPLY FOR THIS JOB button and submit a PDF of your cover letter and resume. Include in your covering letter how your skills and experience meet the key selection criteria.
SLSWA is an equal opportunity employer with commitment to safeguarding children and young people. All candidates will be required to undertake a working with children check.
For more information and selection criteria, view the full position description at www.mybeach.com.au/employment
PBI salary packaging benefits are available and will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Principal location: 7 Delawney Street. BALCATTA WA 6021.
*Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications close 5pm Sunday 26 May 2019
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?