- Job Listing Date
- 13 May 2019
- Gosford & Central Coast
- $110,000 - $129,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
About Delta Electricity
Delta Electricity owns and operates Vales Point Power Station in the highly competitive National Electricity Market. Our mission is to generate electricity safely, reliably and competitively while respecting our workmates, customers, community and the environment.
In support of Delta Electricity’s core activity of generating electricity, we are seeking an experienced and self-motivated Asset Management Engineer to join our team located at Vales Point Power Station (Mannering Park).
- Competitive remuneration circa $117,500+ super (11.5%)
- Flexible working hours and conditions
- The opportunity to work close to home.
This position is responsible for the asset management of complex plant items, or simple plant systems, using routine commercial arrangements and balancing internal and external resources to ensure reliable plant operations at Vales Point power station.
- Asset Management. Creation and implementation of short and long term maintenance, operations, plant improvement, plant efficiency and life extension strategies designed to match plant performance to business needs.
- Technical Management. Creation and implementation of a cost effective preventive maintenance system. Investigation, analysis, interpretation and reporting of plant defects and performance issues to determine and implement the most appropriate action.
- Provide technical direction and advice to operating staff, internal and external maintenance providers, asset management team leaders, and occasionally station management.
- Financial Management. Responsible for creating and controlling the budget for the plant area.
- Resources Management. Control implementation of the strategy whether by internal or external resources using project and contract management techniques.
- Inventory Management. Plan the use of, specify, and source the use of strategic spares.
- Be proactive and responsible for the environmental and safe performance of the allocated plant.
Who We Are Looking For
It is expected that the successful applicant will have:
- Tertiary Qualifications to Diploma level in Engineering (preferably Mechanical) or relevant equivalent qualifications and/or experience.
- Substantial knowledge of modern power station plant or heavy industry including operational and maintenance processes, and ability to apply statutory requirements particularly in the areas of plant, safety and the environment.
- Substantial contract knowledge and experience.
Demonstrated performance in the following behavioural competencies;
a. Applying expertise and technology
b. Deciding and initiating action
c. Working with people
e. Planning and organising
Candidates with one or more of the following skills/experience will be highly regarded;
- Qualifications in Mechanical engineering or a welding discipline.
- Proactive contribution to a positive “can do” team environment.
- A sound understanding of pressure equipment construction and failure mechanisms.
- An understanding of statutory requirements applicable to pressure equipment design, manufacture, operations and maintenance
- Substantial project management experience and ability to lead project teams
- Experience in tender specification writing and project scheduling
If you have proven experience in a similar role and can demonstrate strong initiative, sound judgement and the ability to take ownership we would love to hear from you.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 24th May, 2019.
To apply click on ‘Apply for this job’. All applications must address the selection criteria listed above and attach a resume detailing your relevant experience and education.
To learn more about Delta Electricity visit www.de.com.au
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- What degree/relevant qualifications do you have?
- Tell us about your relevant experience for this position.
- Do you possess any of the skills/experience listed in the 'highly regarded' criteria? If so please tell us about that.