Marketing and Promotions Assistant - Immediate StartPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 13 May 2019
- Sydney, South West & M5 Corridor
- Work Type
- Marketing & Communications, Marketing Assistants/Coordinators
About the business and the role
Laundy Hotels have been in the business of pubs for over 50 years, making a very successful name for themselves.
The last few years has seen some new and exciting venues enter the portfolio, particularly in the realm of food and beverage offerings, as well as events. We are now looking for an exceptional marketing & promotions assistant to join the head office team.
The successful applicant will be working on the promotional & events calendar across all hotels, as well as the marketing and branding for the all venues. The role is based at our head office in Western Sydney and will require travel to venues as required.
Job tasks and responsibilities
The following tasks will fall under the responsibility of the marketing and promotions assistant:
- Work with the Marketing team and venues on promotional and event concepts
- Maintaining and updating all website content
- Social media marketing and management - paid and unpaid
- Creating EDM's and working with venue databases
- Create briefs for promotional material, working with graphic designers and partnering agencies
- Assist in event organisation and management
- Generate information sheets and run sheets for promotions and events.
- Supporting day to day promotional activities from venues
- Other ad hoc admin and promotional tasks as required
- MUST have own transport
- Approx 20-25 hours per week
Skills and experience
The ideal candidate will be:
- Hard working & enthusiastic about their work
- Highly personable
- Creative thinker who is willing to put their ideas forward
- High level of copywriting skills
- Quick learner, particularly with new programs and online platforms
- Practical understanding and experience in social media marketing
- Highly capable with Microsoft office
- Tertiary qualifications in Marketing (or alike) with up to 1-year experience in marketing roles. Recent Graduates and Current Uni Students are Welcome to Apply!
- History working in the hospitality industry (Preferred)
- Experience with photo editing or design software such as Adobe suite products. Preferred but not essential.
- Social Media Management / Marketing Experience. Preferred but not essential.
- Experience with Canva, Easil, & Wix. Preferred but not essential.
A bit about our Marketing Team:
We are young and enthusiastic about Marketing and Promotions. We enjoy great banter between tasks and are looking for someone that not only has a passion for marketing but also brings great attitude and dedication to their job.
The successful candidate will receive full training across Marketing activities with the potential for full-time work in the future.
We look forward to receiving your application.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Have you completed a qualification in marketing?
- How many years' experience do you have in a marketing role?
- How many years' experience do you have in social media marketing?