Lead Assistant NBL Coach
Advertiser: Perth Wildcats & Perth LynxMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 May 2019
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sport & Recreation, Coaching & Instruction
Lead Assistant NBL Coach
Reigning NBL Champions, the Perth Wildcats are currently seeking an experienced Lead Assistant Coach to join the Club.
The role of the Lead Assistant Coach is to deliver the Club’s high-performance plan in conjunction with the Head Coach. The role also encompasses the coordination of talent development pathways for all team and development squad members.
The Club is committed to growing basketball at a grassroots level and developing and nurturing young basketball talent, all of which the Lead Assistant Coach will be work actively in.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and Head Coach, the key responsibilities of the role will include:
Player Development & coaching skills
- Assist Head Coach in all activities related to athletic and team performance.
- Assist in the planning and delivery of pre season, in season and off season training and conditioning programs.
- Provide direction, instruction and analysis in athletic skill development through the conduct of individual training activities.
- Communicate effectively and educationally in training and competition situations at a professional level to maximize team and individual performance.
- Build a professional relationship with all players/staff and encourage their development
- Assist players with day to day life management, with a view to encouraging practical self-sufficiency and independence
Recruitment & pathway development
- Objectively identify player development and program needs in collaboration with the Head Coach
- Track and assist in the recruitment of Australian junior talent from domestic and collegiate basketball competitions.
- Strengthen talent identification and athlete development pathways in conjunction with Basketball Western Australia and the State Basketball League.
- Provide detailed evaluation and strategic analysis of team and opposition performance through the use of video editing software and written scouting reports.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office products, in particular the extensive use of Microsoft Excel for statistical comparisons.
- Effective use of video duplication software
- Prepare weekly and monthly team scheduling documents for all company employees and support staff.
- Liaise closely with the Marketing and Administration Coordinator regarding promotional and media commitments for coaching staff.
- Undertake a variety of club promotional activities as required and addressing club priorities.
- Liaise with sponsors, members and community organisations as required.
- A commitment to learning & development (both your own and to the people you are responsible for) – and a willingness to assist building a continuous improvement culture
- Ability to display a high level of discretion, judgment & personal commitment.
- High-level oral and written communication skills, with an ability to be remain calm under pressure and make decisive decision.
- Highly developed time management and organizational skills
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Strong Information Technology skills, especially in the use of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to make decisive decisions that are aimed at the overall success of the team
- Enthusiastic attitude
- Working knowledge of Sports Code Video Editing Software, Hudl, or other video editing software packages.
- Previous experience working with Statistical Softwares, such as Synergy Sports Tech.
The Perth Wildcats and Perth Lynx abide by a set of core values that have been a driving force in the success of the Club both on and off the court. As a member of the Club, you will be required to follow and endorse these core values.
If you want to be a part of the success, please apply through SEEK with a cover letter and resume. If you would like further information regarding the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 08 6272 0792. Applications will close at 5pm, 7 June 2019.
Please, no contact from recruitment agencies.