Touch Football Coach / Team manager
Advertiser: Canberra Police Community Youth ClubMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 May 2019
- Work Type
- Sport & Recreation, Coaching & Instruction
Canberra Police Community Youth Club is a not for profit organisation that engages young people and their families through a tiered approach of community engagement, early intervention and diversion programs. Our mission is to build positive futures for young people and their families in Canberra and its surrounding regions. PCYC is committed to seeing Canberra's most vulnerable people being safe, connected, empowered, and achieving lasting change. Canberra PCYC helps people achieve this by providing strength based, client centered support in the form of case management, mentoring, and tailored evidence based support programs.
We are seeking workers to join our energetic team, to work as a touch football coach / team manager. PCYC have two teams enrolled in Touch ACT Deakin Wednesday night 5:30pm Mixed comp and we require two workers to manage both teams, help run the games, coach young people, and transport young people to and from the games.
The aim of the program is to link young people with community sport, provide mentoring, provide a positive environment for engagement, and assist young people with further referral where appropriate.
Positions advertised are for two casual positions.
1. Ability to work with vulnerable young people and their families.
2. Certificate IV in Youth Work, or other relevant qualifications.
3. A current Working With Vulnerable People Certificate.
4. A current First Aid Certificate (or booked in)
5. Demonstrated team management skills.
6. Touch football experience
7. Prior experience in facilitating groups.
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Do you have experience in a community outreach environment?