Graffiti & Stain Removalist / Surface Restoration Technician
Advertiser: Graffiti EatersMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 May 2019
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Labourers
For this career, you don't need a trade background, but you do need to be good with your hands and enjoy working outdoors. There are many reasons why you might want to consider this career path, but ideally it's because you want to focus on the technical aspects of the role and enjoy making customers happy.
You realize that as a craftsperson, you will develop expertise and experience that will make you more valuable in the months and years to come. Furthermore, this role has a lot of room for growth. You will get your hands dirty so-to-speak and come up to situations that you will find intriguing and challenging, like solving a puzzle. Of course we'll be there with you to assist, but you're the person on the ground and the better problem solver you are, the more valuable you become.
Taking pride in your work is rewarded with on-going work and income stability and growth.
The Graffiti Eaters has been around for over 40 years and we have a strong customer base across the country specializing in graffiti and stain removal. Because we don't just rely on graffiti removal, we recently launched The Stain Eaters brand to bring more attention to the pressure cleaning division of the business. What this means for you is a diversified range of projects to work on that can be scheduled in between time sensitive graffiti removal projects.
With growth comes the opportunity to expand our team. We are currently looking for a Surface Restoration Technician. Historically, the role is a 40 to 45 hours per week commitment with quite a bit of scheduling flexibility. If you're eager to earn more, you can choose to work extended hours, but we prefer that we develop your technical expertise to quote on high value, high return jobs, projects and on-going contracts.
Since we take care of all the behind-the-scenes administrative chores for you, you are free to provide outstanding customer service and build your reputation as a graffiti and stain removal specialist in your territory. As your technical skills improve, your income will grow as repeat orders will become the norm and on-going maintenance contracts will increase to supplement time-sensitive emergency projects.
Under our Collective Agreement, your job security is assured by our extensive training and proprietary technology - including customized trucks and chemical formulations and stain removal techniques.
Some daily duties of this role include:
- Graffiti Removal
- Pressure Cleaning (Stain Removal)
- Quoting on jobs
- Explaining the full range of services available to prospective clients
To be considered for this role it is essential you:
- Hold a current Drivers Licence and can drive a manual vehicle
- Have worked with customers in the past and enjoy working in a service-orientated role. Even though this is NOT a sales-focused role, the reality is that you need to be at ease with prospects and clients and make them feel at ease with our services. If you are lacking in these skills, we will provide you with assistance, but the willingness and desire to deal with clients has to be something you enjoy and want to do.
- Even if we take care of all the administrative (billing) tasks, you still need to have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Due to the remote nature of the role, you will be on your own most of the time, while part of a well-established team. That means you need to be independent and autonomous. If you're tired of having a boss or supervisor looking over your shoulder and micromanaging you, this role is ideal for you. Of course we will monitor what you do, but since your income is tied to your performance, we know you'll show up for work every day and give it your all.
- With an on-going stream of projects, you won't be twiddling your thumbs. If you do have some down time, you can use that to proactively approach clients and prospects to drum up more work. We have an extensive range of professionally designed sales and marketing tools to help you do that.
- Last but not least, with the variety of tasks and geographic territory you will cover, it's important that you are good with scheduling and organizing your work. This is probably the most important source of cost reduction possible - scheduling the jobs in a time efficient manner and getting the most out of your day. The difference with this role is that for once, you will benefit from your efficiency and productivity and not just your boss or the company. Our Collective Agreement assures you that you are rewarded in direct proportion to your performance.
- Salary range $41,500 to $70,000 paid monthly
Send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you hold a Construction Induction Safety certificate (White Card)?
- Are you licenced to drive a manual vehicle?
- What's your expected annual base salary?