Product Design/CAD Engineer
Advertiser: HAWK MEASUREMENT SYSTEMS PTY LTDMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 May 2019
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Skills and Experience
Candidate must have Bachelor’s degree or diploma in mechanical, or industrial, or product design engineering with at least three years of work experience in product design development life cycle using Solidworks and have a good knowledge of the following:
- Mechanical Product design using Solidworks
- Plastic Injection Moulding, and Diecast tooling and material selection.
- Prototyping using 3D printing techniques.
- Liaising with Suppliers.
- Technical Documentation (Design, Procedures, Bill of Material, etc).
- Industrial Instrumentation standard (not necessary but preferred)
- Knowledge of electronics design is advantageous but not necessary
Role / Duties
- Research and, develop concepts for new products
- Create 3D CAD as well as detailed manufacturing 2D drawings using Solidworks.
- Conduct Develop engineering calculations and design analysis.
- Build prototypes and test jigs to conduct testing and qualification of the design.
- Develop technical documentations such as assembly procedures, test procedures, quality guidelines, etc for design transfer to production.
- Prepare technical and regulatory documents as required by certification bodies..
- Update and maintain existing product documentation as required by engineering change notification (ECN).
- Assist Production in the design of test jigs, tools and fixtures as required.
- Liaison and Management of local and overseas suppliers.
- Troubleshoot manufacturing and production issues related to product design.
- Assist the Marketing team by creating rendered product images and drawings for datasheets.
- Technical expert on product and processes
- Assist the Hawk team in day to day company needs as and when required
If you feel you have the qualifications outlined above, together with excellent communication skills, professionalism, a high level of initiative and a proactive approach please send your resume to:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Have you completed a qualification in mechanical engineering?
- Have you completed a qualification in engineering?