BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - SA & NT
Advertiser: KROHNE Australia Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 May 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sales, New Business Development
KROHNE is an innovative process instrumentation and measurement solutions company operating in more than 40 countries. Through continuous research and development and a consistent customer orientation, we are one of the leaders in our industry. Our unique products and expertise has meant that our business in Australia continues to grow strongly across all industries including oil & gas, mining, power, chemical, water/wastewater, and food and beverage amongst others.
KROHNE Australia is looking for a
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – SA/NT
We are currently looking for an experienced BDM to promote and expand our customer base across SA & NT. This position will be “Home Office” based.
The primary focus of this role is to grow the KROHNE brand within the region.
Reporting to the Sales Manager ANZ, this will involve:
- Business Development: To grow product sales and service with key customers in the market segments as defined by the state or territory business plan
- Product Sales: Identify, develop and qualify all business opportunities with both existing and newly identified customers. Negotiate and close commercial deals from single item orders, to complex and multi-dimensional project orders. Own projects in your territory from inception to order placement, and subsequent handover to the KROHNE project team
- Product Service: Provide basic service support to customers in the region (start-up and commissioning assistance). Actively promote and sell KROHNE service capabilities for any advanced service requirements
- Relationship Management: Proactively build and expand customer relationships and KROHNE installed base in existing, target and new accounts
- Technical Expertise: Build and develop the necessary technical expertise of the complete KROHNE product portfolio. Use these skills as part of the selling process to propose technical and application solutions to customers. Improve personal product knowledge by completing all e-learning modules. Attend product training sessions when offered
- Sales and Business Development Planning: Develop and actively maintain in the nominated CRM system a sales/opportunity funnel that will generate orders and revenue. Create, maintain and continuously update a sales action and customer business development plan for your territory
- Forecasting and Reporting: Prepare all necessary reports and forecasts as requested, and ensure these are factual, accurate and submitted to management in a timely manner
- Market & Competitor Data: Research markets trends and observe competitor activity in the region, in-line with company policies. Share relevant information with colleagues and marketing teams
- Initiative: Take initiative in identifying sales opportunities in a timely manner
- Team Participation: Actively engage and communicate with colleagues, peers and management
To be successful in this role you will need to be a motivated and independent self-starter with experience in the application and technical sales of industrial instrumentation, with a proven track record. A background inclusive of technical sales and hands-on service experience will be a strong advantage to the successful candidate.
You will have:
- Product sales, application and technical know-how of industrial instrumentation as found in the mining, oil and gas, water waste water, food and beverage, power, chemical, petrochemical and manufacturing sectors
- Knowledge and experience of business development by applying sales concepts like solution and consultative selling. Willing to learn new concepts
- Account management and relationship building experience in the industry
- Proven sales track record in business and account development
- Personal leadership and the ability to work unsupervised
- Budgeting, forecasting and strategic planning skills
- Intermediate PC and CRM skills
An Engineering or Technical qualification in Instrumentation, Mechatronics, Electrical or the Chemical field would be desirable, while an Instrumentation trade with hands-on maintenance of field service exposure will be highly regarded.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Australian operations of a growing international Company in an expanding industry. Ongoing training and personal development opportunities will be provided. With a competitive salary package including bonus and car allowance, you will become an integral part of a dedicated and dynamic team environment.
If you are interested in taking the next step in a rewarding career, please send your application to the address below.
Applications must include a cover letter explaining your interest in the role and matching your skills and experience to the description above, along with a copy of your current resume.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Only applicants with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered.
If interested, please send your CV with a covering letter to:
Sales Manager ANZ (Oceania)
KROHNE Australia Pty Ltd
Unit 7, 281 Sandgate Road, Albion QLD 4010
On www.krohne.com.au you will find additional information about our organisation.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a business development manager?
- Do you have experience working towards targets and KPIs?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?