Retail Sales Assistant
Advertiser: Dowdens GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 May 2019
- Mackay & Coalfields
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Retail & Consumer Products, Retail Assistants
- Long term Sales Career prospects;
- Local respected family owned and operated business for over 45 years;
- Annual staff and family events;
- Staff discounts across the Dowdens Group;
- Lifestyle program;
- Corporate Health Insurance discounts.
Dowdens Pumping and Water Treatment have been supplying, installing, servicing and maintaining pumping, pool and water treatment equipment for over 45 years. As a locally owned and operated business, we have the capabilities and expertise to provide our customers with purpose engineered solutions and results.
We pride ourselves on our company values, culture and promote a lifestyle balance that supports you to manage your career and ambitions on one hand; and your health, happiness, leisure and family on the other.
If you’re an enthusiastic sales-orientated individual this is a fantastic opportunity to broaden your knowledge of the pumping and water treatment industry whilst developing and enhancing your skills to provide the right solutions and advice to our clients.
To be eligible for this position, candidates must:
- Be familiar with or possess the ability to acquire knowledge of:
- Davey, Onga, Grundfos, Toro, DAB, Rainbird and Hunter products and their applications.
- Household water filtration, sediment and UV stabilisation products and systems.
- PVC and poly pipe and fittings.
- Pool water testing and pool chemical knowledge an advantage
- Knowledge of agricultural equipment (centre pivots, hard hose irrigators and linears) is an advantage
- Be presentable, reliable and passionate about providing exceptional customer service.
- Be able to multitask, prioritise and have strong attention to detail.
- Be computer literate and have high technology and communication skills.
- Have cash handling and EFTPOS experience.
- Hold a current driver’s license.
- Be able to work Saturday morning roster.
- Be legally permitted to work in Australia.
Candidates will require the ability to:
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Correctly troubleshoot, size and select pumps, pumping accessories for customer recommendation.
- Provide advice and troubleshooting of irrigation controller and sprinkler applications.
- Read and interpret parts breakdown diagrams and spare parts lists for pumps and pumping equipment.
- Seek price and availability of pumps, spare parts, pumping accessories and provide quotes to customers.
- Adhere to strict manual handling, safety standards, corporate work procedures and policies.
- Conduct stock control audits, ensure showroom is presented in an organised manner and perform general housekeeping duties.
Shortlisted candidates may be required to undertake a pre-employment medical, including drug and alcohol.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?