Product Designer (UX/UI)
Advertiser: Happy InspectorMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 May 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Design & Architecture, Web & Interaction Design
You’re a designer who loves solving customer problems with software. You care about making others happy. You resonate with our company’s core values.
As a Product Designer at HappyCo you’ll have the opportunity to work on a wide range of products that can make a real impact on residential communities around the world.
As a full-time member of the Design team and reporting to the Creative Director, you’ll also work closely with Product and Engineering to ensure a consistent, user-focused approach to the HappyCo experience across all aspects of the customer journey.
Working within a fast paced and evolving startup environment, you’ll be expected to work with a wide range of stakeholders and disciplines to support our growing company – delivering high quality, impactful design, across multiple offices and timezones for our core market based in the USA.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Creating beautiful designs and frictionless user experiences for products and services through:
- Undertaking quantitative and qualitative customer research including user testing to inform UX and product design
- Designing elegant flows and interactions for a global audience across multiple platforms (iOS, Android and web)
- Creating low-fidelity and high-fidelity mockups and prototypes to assess viability of proposed product designs
- Providing appropriate documentation and working closely with Product and Engineering teams to ensure shipped features meet the requirements of the proposed product design
- Fostering a collaborative, cross-functional design process by soliciting direct and impactful feedback from managers, stakeholders, customers, other designers and internal teams
- Providing direct and impactful feedback to other members of the Design team
- Participating in knowledge sharing to expand the capabilities and skills of the team
- Promoting design thinking across the entire business, so other people and teams think in terms of delivering a thoughtful, elegant and delightful user experience
You will possess:
- A strong portfolio of beautiful and compelling product work that solves real world problems
- A passion for user-focused design and creating delightful experiences, concentrating on customer needs before diving into solutions
- 3+ years of working experience designing products and features for web and apps, while considering scalability and impact across a suite of products and existing brands
- Experience designing for different audiences and persona levels within an enterprise or B2B context
- Experience balancing a thoughtful design process with tight deadlines
- A solid understanding of typography, grid structures and designing to an established design system
- Must be proficient in a Mac environment utilising a wide range of tools including Figma, Sketch, Adobe CC, Invision, Keynote, online project management systems and G Suite
- Bachelor degree in Visual Communication (graphic design), or equivalent demonstrable experience
- Relevant demonstrable experience working at an equivalent in-house startup design studio or digital focused design agency
- Ability to travel interstate or overseas to visit our head office in San Francisco, undertake customer research and attend conferences or tradeshows
- Motion Graphics/Animation skills
- Illustration and icon design skills
- Copywriting skills
- Understanding of software development frameworks such as Agile and Kanban and/or working with closely with software engineers
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills, with the ability to clearly explain design decisions and process to anyone in the company
- An organised, qualitative approach underpinned by strong time management
- High attention to detail in order to allow for tight turnarounds and efficient hand-off to other teams
- The ability to proactively contribute, add value and innovate across a wide range of creative projects
- Positive work attitude even while receiving constructive criticism
- Able to work both independently and with a team, and open to understanding other areas within the company
- Open and enthusiastic to learn new skills, subject matter areas, awareness of current design trends and discourse
- Keen interest/knowledge of technology and startup culture/industry
- Be comfortable presenting work to a large audience including internal teams, customers and remote (video conference) audiences
Please supply a link to your portfolio, along with a cover letter to apply for this job.
* Please note, due to a high volume of applicants, only candidates we feel will be a strong fit will be contacted.