Front End Developer (React)
Advertiser: ELS AustraliaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 May 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Developers/Programmers
For over 140 years, Berlitz has been helping individuals, businesses, governments and non-profit organizations develop the language skills, cross-cultural understanding and confidence to succeed.
From 2018 the company has been going through a massive digital transformation and building new platforms from the ground up: Berlitz 2.0.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering of the Global Platforms team, the Front End Developer will work closely with other Developers, UX/UI Designers, BA and Product Owner to build new platforms for Students, Instructors, and internal staff.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Implement front-end components based on business requirements and UX/UI Design specifications. Integrate UI implementation with back-end APIs, ensuring a loosely coupled moving parts.
- Act as a leader within the company, mentoring other developers and sharing your thoughts.
- Ensure the projects are being built following coding standards and best practices, focusing on changeability.
- Collaborate with technical architect and back-end developers on API specifications.
- Take ownership of what the team is building and work closely with the rest of the team, participating actively on design, build, test and deployment discussions.
- 3+ years of professional front-end development experience with React/Redux.
- Highly skilled at CSS and hands-on experience building Styled Components.
- 2+ years of experience working as Front End Team Leader.
- Experience integrating Front-End web apps with REST APIs and GraphQL.
- Solid understanding of web standards and technologies in general (HTTP, Caching, Sync vs Async, WebSockets)
- Knowledge of Microservices Architecture and Serverless applications.
- Willing to work with remote teams in different regions/timezones in an Agile environment.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a frontend software developer?
- Which of the following front end development libraries and frameworks are you proficient in?