Admin Support Officer (Immediate start)
Advertiser: GIVIT Listed LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 May 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Administration & Office Support, Data Entry & Word Processing
GIVIT is a national not-for-profit connecting those who have with those who need, through its website www.givit.org.au. GIVIT's vision is to match generosity with genuine need by inspiring and connecting an online network of givers through leading edge technology and social media platforms. Through its website, more than 2,500 trusted Australian charities are supported as they request essential, quality items on behalf of their clients. Since 2009, more than 1,000,000 items have been donated via GIVIT to assist Australians in need.
Are you a talented, warm and friendly process driven person who has a passion for helping others, working with people and systems?
Do you thrive on supporting those in need in a fast paced environment that makes a difference in the lives of Australians?
If you are this person, then we need to meet!
Reporting to the Disaster Resourcing Manager this role will enable GIVIT to deliver exceptional service and administration for those who are disadvantaged and affected by natural disasters.
The role is support to the Donations Centre teams, supporting day to day operations in Queensland and the needs of a disaster or special appeal, or when there is a volunteer absence or vacancy that cannot be covered by the existing team.
Key Performance Outcomes
Purchasing for GIVIT
- Stock control, raise purchase orders and place orders with suppliers, organise, order and distribute consumables, resources, collateral and materials for GIVIT employees and volunteers.
- Carry out purchasing of items and facilitate provision of services as required for those in need
- Following stringent lines of reporting and record keeping to ensure optimum accountability
- Maintain the corporate database including Dropbox protocol management – access and confidentiality.
- Provide back-up in the preparation of statistics and reports as required.
- Provide bookkeeping reconciliations
Donation Support and Administration
- Support charity partners and donors.
- Organise the collection and delivery of GIVIT donations.
- Perform relief purchasing for donations and maintain the Relief Purchasing Register.
- Provide Donation Centre back-up to administer donation registration, authentication, VW and offline coverage for disasters, initiatives, projects absences and volunteer vacancies.
- Liaising with suppliers and stakeholders.
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
Technical Expertise (existing or ability to acquire)
- Competent application of MS Office skills, spreadsheets, collateral, mail merges etc.
- Competent application of the GIVIT donation and purchasing system and Dropbox.
- Demonstrates and implements a working knowledge of GIVIT’s policies, procedures and practices.
- Works independently, flexibly and uses initiative to achieve results.
- Continually takes the opportunity to develop personal and professional skills and knowledge.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently achieve outcomes to agreed time lines through excellent time management and communication skills.
- An ability to work under pressure with competing demands and maintain composure in a fast paced and rapidly changing work environment.
- The ability to communicate to a wide and varied clientele both verbally and in written form.
- The ability to articulate oneself and provide clear instructions or directions to others.
- Builds and maintains relationships through professional and ethical interactions.
- Proactively approaches and resolves conflict and seeks support/advice where necessary.
- Works collaboratively with clients and colleagues to achieve outcomes.
- Works with stakeholders and colleagues to determine and service their needs with the most appropriate solutions, services or products
- Continually works towards adding value to GIVIT services for their stakeholders
- Proactively communicates changes in the ability to meet agreed commitments, outcomes or time frames immediately to ensure stakeholders can make informed decisions and meet their timelines
- Works with leadership, colleagues and peers to build productive relationships
- Contributes towards the team achieving its outcomes by meeting agreed commitments and by utilising agreed systems, practices, and procedures
- Proactively communicates changes in the ability to meet agreed commitments, outcomes or time frames immediately to ensure colleagues can make the appropriate adjustments etc.
- Demonstrates flexibility to adapt to different roles and undertake other responsibilities or activities
- Demonstrates a supportive approach to colleagues and their responsibilities.
- Proactively identifies donations management related opportunities and risks in their area of expertise that will grow and protect GIVIT into the future
- Demonstrates the ability to plan, organise and implement work responsibilities and activities
- Demonstrates an ability to work quickly and effectively in a small and dynamic work environment with limited resources and response timeframes
If this advert describes you, then please apply via SEEK (only) including your resume and a covering letter addressing the required skills and expertise. Enquires can be directed to Juliette Wright, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only applicants that can start immediately should apply.
To find out more about GIVIT, please visit www.givit.org.au and watch a short clip on the origins of GIVIT below.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?