Advertiser: Australia Aulong Auniu Wang Operations Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 May 2019
- Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Farm Management
Brindley Park is a busy cropping and back grounding property located in Merriwa, NSW. The position required a candidate who has strong experience in management and livestock operations. The main challenges of the role combines a people leadership function with the requirement to focus on the delivery of operational and financial performance goals to meet company expectations, goals and objectives.
Competitive salary and package available.
The main areas of responsibility of the position includes:
- Day to day operations and management
- Livestock management;
- Farm staff management; and
- Management reporting.
Day to Day Operations and Management
The Overseer is responsible for the day to day operations and management for their farm whereby they direct and coordinate key daily staff work activities. This includes:
- Livestock management;
- Pasture management;
- Chemical application; and
- Infrastructure maintenance.
Key responsibilities of livestock management include:
- Proper care and management of livestock ensuring their health and well being at all times;
- Ensuring that livestock are in good enough condition to perform key functions such as joining, pregnancy and giving birth to progeny;
- Mustering cattle when required;
- Branding and health treatment of cattle;
- Treating unhealthy, sick or critically injured cattle as required; and
- Ensure smooth transfer of cattle on and off farm.
Farm Staff Management
The overseer is responsible for ensuring the proper performance and management of their farm staff. The company has a high performing team of staff to run its operations and achieve goals and objectives. It is expected that the farm management team are using industry leading best practices to maximise production and efficiency. This includes:
- Identifying suitable farm staff to fill positions required by the company;
- Establish and maintain an effective system of communications throughout the company to ensure that the responsibilities, authorities and accountabilities of farm staff are clearly defined, communicated and understood;
- Reviewing the performance of farm staff and recommending any suitable courses of action to the GM; and
- Ensuring that staff resources are effectively managed to minimise disruptions to company operations.
About Pinnacle Fine Foods
Pinnacle Fine Foods (PFF) is an Australian agribusiness firm that produces and supplies premium food products. PFF owns and operates 8 farming assets across 3 states in Australia and also works with strategic supply partners to export their food products to China. PFF is the Australian subsidiary of Dashang Group, the largest retailing Group in China. Dashang owns and operates over 380 retail supermarkets and department stores across 150 cities in China, with sales revenue exceeding A$60bn in 2018. Pinnacle Fine Foods is part of Dashang Group’s Global Food Strategy where fully integrated food supply chains are being established globally.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you willing to relocate for this role?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?