Coordinator, Student Services (12-month maternity cover with possible extension)
Advertiser: Arcadia UniversityMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 May 2019
- Gold Coast
- $55k - $60k base + super + loading
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Student Services
Named the nation’s #1 university for Undergraduate student participation in study abroad by the Institute of International Education’s Open Doors Report for seven years in a row, The College of Global Studies at Arcadia University (based in Philadelphia, U.S) has more than 130 programs in 12 countries around the world.
About the role: The Coordinator, Student Services (QLD) supports university students from across the United States studying in Australia at partner institutions through Arcadia University's The College of Global Studies. This position liaises directly with staff from partner universities and Arcadia University personnel, both in Australia and the United States, to ensure student welfare is maintained at all times. The planning, coordination and delivery of student orientations, activities and events is a key feature of this role. This position provides support to students and Arcadia staff in QLD and throughout Australia and therefore frequent interstate travel is a requirement of this role. This position will suit a team player, who is personable, dedicated to excellence in student support, energetic, reliable, flexible, and someone who works well in a fast-paced professional environment.
- This is currently a work from home position, however you must be based in the Gold Coast or Brisbane in order to meet with students and staff on a regular basis
- Ability to work independently within a collaborative team environment
- Weekend and out of hours work is a requirement of this role
- Bachelors Degree
- 2+ years’ professional experience, with experience in higher education/study abroad/exchange preferred
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High level administration and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a professional team
- Excellent planning and logistics skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and social media.
- High degree of professionalism and integrity
- Thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Must be extremely flexible and a good problem solver
- Travel by plane
- Permanent and unconditional legal authority to work in Australia
Benefits and Perks:
- Remote work
- Work/life balance
- Regular interstate travel for excursions and orientations
- Great support from the team here and in the U.S
How to apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume through Seek, addressing the Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities and Minimum Qualifications.
Applications close 5pm, Friday 14 Jun, 2019
Please contact Gavin Turner, Resident Director for Australia, at email@example.com for further information.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?
- What's your highest level of education?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?