- Job Listing Date
- 15 May 2019
- Port Hedland, Karratha & Pilbara
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Human Resources & Recruitment, Consulting & Generalist HR
Regional HR Superintendent
- Part time (0.6) or Full time role
- Support a small HR team looking after the rail business
- Opportunity is available as residential (relocation provided) – Karratha
About the role
We are looking for a HR Team Lead (Superintendent level role) to lead a small team of very capable Human Resource (HR) Advisors working within a shared services environment supporting the rail portfolio.
Our rail network is the largest privately owned and operated heavy haul rail system in Australia. Our locomotives travel more than 20,000 kilometres each day, which is the equivalent to a return trip on the trans-Siberian railway.
This role is a great opportunity for a HR leader who has strong influencing and delivery capability to further progress their career in this busy, high achieving environment. Reporting to the HR Manager Coastal & PIA, you will be:
- Providing advice regarding complex people related matters to the senior leadership team.
- Managing, supporting, and developing a team of HR professionals who may be working remotely.
- Managing high volume workloads, balancing complex stakeholder relationships within matrix structures, and coaching business leadership.
- Participating in multiple cross-functional initiatives, providing HR subject matter expert input and project leadership.
- Influencing business outcomes through HR delivery work e.g. through cyclical process delivery.
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Degree qualified Human Resource leader with an understanding of a shared service environment.
- Strong stakeholder engagement and influencing and negotiating skills.
- Established skills in partnering with a business to shape and execute the people strategy.
- Strong leadership skills with experience leading a highly competent team.
Where you will be working
People Services forms the delivery team of our Human Resources function. It offers global expertise and services in areas of recruitment and day-to-day HR operations.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.