- Job Listing Date
- 15 May 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $23-$26 p/h + Super + Salary packaging benefits
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Education & Training, Teaching Aides & Special Needs
About Autism Queensland
Autism Queensland provides specialised education, therapy and support services for people of all ages on the autism spectrum and their families. For further information please visit www.autismqld.com.au
About the Role
Our Teacher Aides support our Teachers in providing quality programs and strategies for students with autism spectrum disorder, which address their educational and developmental needs.
We are currently seeking (1) permanent part-time Teacher Aide to work Monday to Friday; (2) permanent part-time Teacher Aide to work Fridays; and (3) casual Teacher Aides interested in working in a relief capacity.
To view the Position Description for this role, please visit the Work With Us page on our website at https://autismqld.com.au/page/workwithus
Skills & Experience
- Ability to work autonomously and in a multi-disciplinary team
- Proven ability to maintain work quality and performance during tight schedules
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Enthusiasm about the provision of quality services to children with ASD
- Experience with children with special needs
- Experience with educational programs which may include self care, toileting, feeding and social skills
- Certificate III Education Support and experience working with children with ASD / challenging behaviours are highly desirable
Culture & Benefits
Autism Queensland is an inspiring, caring and fun place to work with supportive, passionate and friendly colleagues and leaders who value your contribution and share your commitment to achieving work-life balance. Your work will be both challenging and rewarding and you will find scope and support for personal as well as professional development. You'll also enjoy the financial benefits of our generous salary sacrificing program!
How To Apply
Please follow the instructions to apply via Seek. Your application should include:
1. a cover letter outlining your suitability for the position;
2. a current CV / resume with contact details of at least two referees (who will only be contacted with your explicit consent following interview);
3. details of current professional registration, Blue Card or Yellow Card if/as relevant.
Telephone enquiries to Human Resources on (07) 3273 0074.
If this position is of interest to you, please do not delay in forwarding your application; apply asap!
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a teacher aide?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Have you completed a qualification in education support?
- Do have experience working with people with autism spectrum disorder?
- Please select which position/s you would like to be considered for?
- What is your expected hourly rate for this position?