- Job Listing Date
- 15 May 2019
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- $27.55 per hour
- Work Type
- Human Resources & Recruitment, Consulting & Generalist HR
A great opportunity has arisen for a fresh graduate in a Business or Commerce degree in Human Resource or equivalent, to work for a heritage hotel in Perth CBD.
We are currently seeking a communicative, bright, creative and assertive Human Resource Administration Assistant with proven knowledge and experience to join The Great Southern Hotel in Perth. This is a casual role and the days required days to work can be between Monday – Friday, 2 days per week from 9am to 5pm. (However days may change / rotate occasionally, so some flexibility will be required).
We are looking for someone with an ASAP start to this role with on the job training provided.
This is a hand’s on position and the potential selected candidate will be accountable for the following duties:
- Management of the recruitment process including preparing and positing job ads, screening applications, arranging interviews, selection of new employees, conduction of reference checks
- Be the first point of contact for HR related issues and assist management when required.
- Conduct employee inductions i.e. familiarising new staff with work environment and processing all paperwork associated
- Be able to draft and implement policies
- Create and maintain employee personnel files, including updating them regularly as needed
- Administer work right status checks via the immigration department
- Monitor and manage Workplace Health and Safety to a high standard, constantly assessing and updating the processes and systems
- Conduct staff training regarding Workplace Health and Safety, and ensure all staff are aware of their obligations.
- Facilitate and organise performance management assessments including employee performance counsel/management and grievances
- Keep up to date with current issues and matters in the organisation and hospitality industry related to Industrial Relations and HR legislation
- Support all Department Heads regarding performance management of staff and day to day employee relations
- Provide general administrative support such as preparing correspondence, arranging meetings, processing confidential documents, filing electronically and via hard-copy, and taking meeting minutes as needed
- Complete general ad hoc administrative tasks
- Intermediate – Advanced MS Office skills.
- Excellent communications skills which includes verbal and written.
- Strong time management skills.
- Knowledge of employment legislation and regulations.
- Human Resources qualifications or equivalent.
- Highly developed negotiation and organisation skills.
- Sound knowledge of OH&S Legislations.
- Previous HR experience (at least 1 year)
If you want to join our high-energy team, email your resume today by clicking “APPLY NOW”
To find out more about Great Southern Hotel visit us online at: www.greatsouthernhotel.com.au
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Have you completed a qualification in human resources (HR)?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?