WASTE TRANSFER ATTENDANT
Advertiser: Armidale Regional CouncilMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 May 2019
- Tamworth & North West NSW
- $46,373 - $54,054 (plus Superannuation)
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Government & Defence, Government - Local
WASTE TRANSFER ATTENDANT
REFERENCE NO ARC19/3267
The Waste Services team are currently looking for a full-time Waste Transfer Attendant.
In this role, you will be expected to:
- Participate in all aspects of the gatehouse, including collection of fees;
- General maintenance of the gatehouse and transfer station, including regular wash down of sealed/concrete areas, mowing of grass and edging of trees and shrubs;
- Monitoring and recording of vehicle movements at the facility and the collection/daily reconciliation of waste deposit fees;
- Load and deliver recovered products from stockpile area including compost, mulch, crushed concrete etc;
- Ensure changeover of full bins as required including assisting contractors to load out items from the Community Recycling Centre and other recovered items or items sent for reprocessing;
- Work flexible hours – Normal working hours are Monday to Friday, however to achieve workplace flexibility you may be required to work Wednesday to Sunday.
The position is being offered at a pay rate between $891.80 to $1,039.50 (plus super). Council offers a range of benefits including the ability to work a 9 day fortnight.
For more detailed information please contact Jason Westaway, Waste Services Coordinator on 0428 682 742.
All applications must include the following:
- The selection criteria as provided in the position description available on Councils Career’s Page and listed below:
- A current Australian MR and/or LR Driver’s Licence and proven competence to operate relevant plant-Front End Loader/Excavator/forklift.
- NSW WorkCover Construction Induction Card (white card) or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to meet Service Agreement Standards.
- Demonstrated record and/or cash handling skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to the provision of high quality customer service.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively with staff and contractors, time management skills and verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of Work Health & Safety and Equal Employment Opportunity Legislation.
- Working knowledge of Environmental Protection responsibilities.
- Certificate in Waste Management (Asset Maintenance).
- Previous experience in landfill, transfer station or community recycling schemes.
- Previous experience working in seven days per week operation.
- Experience in Local Government.
- Demonstrated ability to operate minor plant (eg. Handheld tools, mowers, chainsaws).
- Basic computer skills.
- A resume including details of at least two referees.
Applicants who do not provide all of the above will not be considered for appointment.
Applications can be lodged by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and will close at 5.00pm on Wednesday 29 May 2019.
Council is a non-smoking workplace and is committed to the principles and practices of Equal Opportunity and Cultural Diversity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander’s are encouraged to apply.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?