Events & Venue Booking Coordinator
Advertiser: Century Personnel Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 May 2019
- Sydney, North Shore & Northern Beaches
- $50,000 to $70,000 p.a pending experience
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Event Management
The Century Group is a live entertainment producer, festival presenter and the operator of a suite of venues that includes the Enmore Theatre, Metro Theatre, the Factory Theatre complex, the Sydney Comedy Store and The Concourse Performing Arts Centre Chatswood. We are seeking highly energised professionals to work within our Venue Events team to drive our events business at The Concourse Chatswood in the live arts, music, business, corporate and community events sectors.
The position is full-time, based in Chatswood at The Concourse Performing Arts Centre
You will be a vibrant self-starter with a personal commitment to service and client satisfaction you will be responsible for the complete administrative management of events from establishment to closure.
Underpinning your role will be demonstrated excellence in personal organisation, ability to adhere to systems and procedures, work flow management, prioritisation, completion and closure. You will be a problem solver, lateral thinker and have the ability to deliver events confidently with the highest level of customer and client service.
The ideal candidate will have the scope to move into a Venue Bookings Agent role with key priorities including but are not limited to:
- Identifying and contracting music, comedy, cabaret, theatre and business events that fit with in the groups entertainment policy and curatorial framework
- Securing events to meet venue utilisation targets
- Managing the events calendar and activity in association with the groups procedures and workflow
- Fielding, quoting, advancing and following up new event enquiries in line with the groups business objectives
- Manage client relationships and expectations to the highest standards of service
- Staying abreast and up to date with industry releases, new work, promoter activity and competitor/interstate venue activity
Preferred selection criteria includes;
- Understanding of event genres and customer demographics
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Excellent planning and prioritising skills.
- High levels of interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to liaise with a range of diverse stakeholders.
- Strong administrative skills
- Experience coordinating and interpreting event requirements.
- Basic understanding of staging, technical requirements of performance, including sound and lighting requirements.
- Basic understanding of venue legal compliance relating to music performance fees and legislative requirements like occupational health and safety issues relating to mains power, rigging, and noise levels etc
This is a rare opportunity for a committed multi-task professional to work dynamically in a fast paced results driven environment. Positive 'can do" attitude, emotional maturity, enthusiasm, energy, team player focus, innate organisational skills underpinned by a strong professional ethic are crucial. With experience in ticketing, and project management software highly regarded.
A strong commitment to embrace change, problem solve and learn, along with a dedication to administrative excellence are essential.
In order to be eligible for consideration you must send all of the following to email@example.com
1. A cover letter referring to the position descriptions
2. CV or resume;
3. An electronic photo of yourself
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?