- Job Listing Date
- 15 May 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Fitters, Turners & Machinists
In this challenging role at our Adelaide Manufacturing Cooking plant you as an experienced Mechanical Tradesperson/Fitter will become part of our well established maintenance team. This hands on full time role on Afternoon Shift will be responsible for the maintenance and maximizing of plant effectiveness by carrying out preventative, scheduled and emergency work.
A Typical Day
Whether undertaking maintenance work in an effective and timely manner or attending emergency repairs, you will have the freedom to bring your curiosity and expertise to work, every day. You will be challenged to see what you can make better to ensure our plant is maintained in an effective manner by being innovative with brain storming ideas with colleagues or experts.
Who You Are
- Curious – you want to know everything about everything
- Collaborative – you ask and you listen, you take ideas on board, you build networks and trust, good working relationships and apply your influence.
- Innovative – you know your stuff and apply your knowledge and new ways of thinking to innovate new ways of working
- Agile – you work with urgency, analyzing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively.
The Electrolux Cooking Plant in Adelaide is a thriving and innovative example of modern manufacturing in Australia, encompassing fully automated sheet metal press lines, robot powder coating processes and automated gluing cells leading to centralized assembly and packing. With a workforce of 400 employees, across three shifts and 40 robots, we make approximately 1,400 ovens per day. You will find the work both challenging and satisfying.
The responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following;
- Undertake work in an effective and timely manner.
- Attend emergency repairs including breakdowns and breakins.
- Input data using the CMMS.
- Ensure plant is maintained in an effective manner.
- Understanding and compliance with WHS, environmental and quality regulations.
- Work within a team environment under minimum supervision.
- Our candidate must meet the following Education, Knowledge and Experience requirements:
- A Mechanical Trade Certificate
- Possess a current High Risk Work License
- Good level of experience with hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Knowledge of computer control systems & PLC's.
- Experience in manual arc and mig welding.
- Interpret drawings and have the ability to diagnose and rectify problems.
- Good level of understanding of CMMS.
- Good level of knowledge of ABB robotics.
- Has the ability to create and modify Robot programs.
- Must have a good understanding of preventative maintenance.
- Sound computer skills.
- Fluent in English.
- Experience in a plant maintenance and manufacturing environment will be well regarded.
Electrolux is a global leader in household appliances, based on deep consumer insight and developed in close collaboration with professional users. We offer thoughtfully designed, innovative solutions for households and businesses, with products such as refrigerators , dishwashers, washing machines, vacuum cleaners, cookers and small domestic appliances. Under esteemed brands including Electrolux, AEG, Zanussi, Frigidaire and Electrolux Grand Cuisine, the Group sells more than 50 million products to customers in more than 150 markets every year.
Electrolux has market-leading positions in Australia and New Zealand and is expanding into growth markets in South East Asia and China. With a history that spans almost 100 years of Swedish design innovation, Electrolux continues to offer thoughtfully designed appliances to cater to the expanding middle-class in these growth markets.
If you are confident that you satisfy all of the above criteria and are interested in this challenging role, please apply now by forwarding a copy of your CV including a summary of how you satisfy the stated requirements.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a tradesperson?