Junior Video Editor
Advertiser: Show and Tell Productions Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 May 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Editing & Publishing
Show + Tell is looking for a Junior Video Editor to join its team! Show + Tell Productions is a Brisbane based video production company, specialising in high quality advertisements, promotional videos, animation, events and much more. The diverse range of work is what keeps each of our clients and workers on the edge of their seat, striving to constantly reinvent the video space. With an increase in shoots, our small team are needing an editor to join us in our Fortitude Valley office.
This job is perfect for a uni student or graduate to upskill and expand their current knowledge within editing. As far as the appropriate candidate is willing to diversify in their skillset the more Show + Tell can provide in training.
SHOW + TELL IS LOOKING FOR
- A junior video editor who can tell an impactful story through imagery and skills in basic graphic design.
- Comfortable editing with Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro and with interest to learning After Effects and Adobe Illustrator for motion graphics in due course).
- Keen to expand your current skillset and work under direction of the senior editor.
- Along with the excitement the applicant must be also willing to ingest, edit and process long segments of footage - patience, focus and constant enthusiasm is key.
- Flexible & efficient when it comes to working with tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to take responsibility.
- Organised & time efficient.
- Higher education in film (ongoing or completed) or at least 3 years experience editing.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under pressure, and meet tight deadlines.
- Incredible attention to detail.
- Only open to applicants residing within the greater Brisbane area.
- Ability to work independently & with a team.
- A positive can-do attitude!
Training of all technical processes and procedures will be provided and the option to expand into motion graphics and design.
This will be offered on a casual basis, starting on a trial contract period for 3 months before review for employment. Shifts will be a minimum of 2 hours and up to 10 hours at a time, with the number of shifts varying from week to week - the ability to be adaptable and flexible is required.
Please send through your showreel (or examples of your work that shows how you can tell a story through video) and resume by clicking on the apply button and begin to expand your post-production horizons! (Please note: you will need to be able to commute to our Fortitude Valley office for your shifts, no remote applicants please)
You can check us out at: www.showandtellproductions.com.au
Due to the large volume of applications, only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following Adobe products are you experienced with?