Telecommunications TechnicianPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 15 May 2019
- Shepparton & Goulburn Valley
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Technicians
Next Com Tech a partner of Next Office Tech is the leading provider of office technology with over 26 years of growth in the Goulburn Valley that services some of the largest businesses in the region.
Due to a recent business expansion we are seeking a self-motivated, solution focused individual who will be responsible for the installation, commissioning and testing of communications equipment. The position incorporates the ability to diagnose the source of a problem quickly and accurately, excellent reasoning ability and a thorough knowledge of communications equipment. We are looking for someone who has attention to detail, with a good customer focus, a clear communicator and problem solver with all-round skills.
Reporting to the Business Owner/ Director you will be responsible for:
- An understanding of and the ability to install and repair IPPBX & SIP Trunk Solutions.
- Conducting service work and installations for the telecommunications function of the business.
- Attend to service calls, both in the workshop and on-site at customer premises
- Running and terminating data infrastructure
- Utilising our software package (Simpro) to manage and control service for equipment
- Unpack, confirm components as per ordered requirements, pre-program and test, install and test the new equipment, and connect to a customer’s network, liaising with the sites IT person/department
- Run through a demonstration and instruct the customer on the basic operations of the equipment if required
- Use the daily job in Simpro to attend to customer queries related to equipment and perform duties such as required.
- Attend to equipment deliveries and installations (as required) this may require movement of equipment
- Diagnose the source of all problems as quickly as possible and accurately – decipher/understand customers issues, rectify said issues in an expedient manner
- Work cooperatively in a team environment providing quality customer service and coordination
- Proactively seek out service jobs & sales opportunities
- Servicing North East Victoria & Southern N.S.W. – must be able to travel
Ideally you will possess:
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work to timelines
- Strong attention to detail
- An enthusiastic and supportive team player who is flexible and adaptable in a small team environment
- Must have a fun, positive, can-do attitude
- High level of time management and organisational skills
- Excellent problem solving skills, with the ability to identify problems and overcome them
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office and accuracy in typing is essential
- Good working knowledge of PC's, software and operating systems
- Clear verbal communication skills and exceptional customer service ethic
- A professional image with personal attributes of honesty, reliability, and enthusiasm
- A current and valid Victoria Driver's Licence.
- A current Working with Children's Check or the ability to obtain one.
- A current ‘Private Security Individual Registration’ licence or the ability to obtain one.
- Must possess an Open Cablers Registration with a structured data endorsement.
In return we will offer you a competitive salary which is negotiable with experience in the industry, a mobile phone, a fully maintained company car, ongoing personal development, and a great and vibrant working environment with ongoing learning opportunities.
Please send your resume, plus a short cover letter explaining why you are the right person to join our team.
This is a great opportunity to join our dynamic and supportive team and commence a long rewarding career with us.
For further information please contact our HR Manager:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you licenced to drive a manual vehicle?
- Do you hold a current security licence?
- How many years' experience do you have as a service technician?