Administration and Events Coordinator -NSW Department of Education -Eveleigh
Advertiser: Alexander AppointmentsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 May 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- $240 to $272 per day + super
- Work Type
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
- $240-$272 per day+ Super, depending on experience | 40 hours per week
- ASAP Start | 12-month temporary assignment
- NSW State Government | Eveleigh Location
Our large NSW State Government client serves the community by leading the provision of world-class education, connecting all stages from early childhood to tertiary qualifications across the NSW community. They are currently seeking an experienced Administration and Events Coordinator to join their team in Eveleigh. This is an estimated 12-month temporary assignment, with a potential to extend.
Working within the Information Technology Directorate division, you will be required to provide high level administrative and events coordination support to the team. The role supports an innovative technology focussed team dedicated to assisting teachers explore the benefits of technology in the classroom.
Your duties will include, but won’t be limited to the following –
- Complete diary and travel management
- Assist in the coordination of small-medium sized events across NSW communities, both regional and metropolitan
- Attend events, meetings and conferences, gather and collate relevant information to prepare meeting minutes, documentation and reports
- Establish and maintain effective stakeholder relationships
- Work collaboratively, providing high level administrative support to the Project Manager and team
- Answer inquiries in a professional, timely and effective manner
- Escalate issues to Management when required
- Records and database management ensuring confidentiality, integrity and accuracy
- Analyse and evaluate data, identify, address and mitigate risks
- Maintain high level knowledge and understanding of Departmental activities
To be successful in securing this great assignment you will have the following –
- Minimum 2years Events Coordination experience
- Demonstrated experience in high level support including diary and travel management
- Impeccable interpersonal and communication skills
- Superior organisational skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise conflicting deadlines
- Strong computer literacy and proficiency skills, especially with MS Office suite and SAP
- Takes initiative with the ability to work independently and as part of an innovative team
- Willingness to travel across metropolitan and regional NSW areas
- Ability to commence and commit to the duration of the assignment
The application form will include these questions:
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What is your expected annual salary?
- What is your residential suburb and postcode?
- How many weeks' notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?