Store Person and Delivery Driver
Advertiser: Wide Open AgricultureMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 May 2019
- Perth, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Warehousing, Storage & Distribution
About the business
Wide Open Agriculture is a food and agriculture company building a new food and farming system to supply consumers with regeneratively grown products from our farming partners and suppliers. We are launching regeneratively grown beef and lamb products to restaurants in the Perth metro region.
About the role
We are looking for a friendly, experienced, reliable and dedicated Store Person and Delivery Driver to receive and process orders of packaged beef and lamb at our cold storage facilities in Bassendean WA and to deliver these products to restaurants and outlets within the Perth metro area.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Receiving and unloading consignments
- Picking and packing orders
- Weighing, scanning and labelling of products
- Sorting and stacking crates on pallets
- Managing inventory utilising an Inventory Management System
- Planning efficient delivery routes to deliver the refrigerated products to our supply network
- Keeping store areas clean and tidy and keeping delivery vehicle clean
- Undertaking safe and correct manual handling practices
- Following required procedures
- Ensuring all paperwork and records are accurate and signed where required
Benefits and perks
- Position available now
- Casual basis - 16-18 hours per week - Mon, Tues, Wed and Fri
- Position ongoing for the right candidate
- Competitive hourly rate
- C class drivers licence only required
What we are Looking for (Skills, Experience, Qualities)
- A reliable, dedicated and well-presented person
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) – good customer service is paramount for this role!
- Be able to demonstrate professionalism; focus and an attention to detail
- The ability to work unsupervised and efficiently under specific time frames
- Prior experience with picking/packing and delivery driving (cold storage food warehouse experience highly desirable)
- Good computer literacy
- Have a current full Australian driver's license
- Is numerate, literate and able to plan efficient routes and meet customer requirements.
- A safe worker – good understanding of OH&S requirements/expectations in a warehouse and delivery environments
- Ability to work – available Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, on average four hours per day. 6am starts.
- Be physically fit: ability to lift boxes and crates and able to load and unload products from delivery vehicles and pallets in the warehouse.
Applications close: Monday, 27 May 2019. Please submit both a CV and cover letter.
Only successful candidates will be contacted regarding next steps. You may be asked to provide a copy of your driving record at interview before being considered for the role.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you willing to provide a copy of your driving record history?