Operations Analyst - Maternity Cover
Advertiser: FIIG SecuritiesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 May 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Banking & Financial Services, Settlements
An exciting opportunity exists to join a growing, market leader in financial services where we put the client at the centre of everything we do. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding financial futures for our clients by providing them with direct access to and ownership of bonds and easy management of cash deposits.
FIIG is a destination employer because:
- FIIG is growing nationally and internationally
- FIIG is a market leader in fixed income solutions
- FIIG has industry leading research and portfolio construction capability
- FIIG is driven by a talented, performance based, values driven team
About the Role
FIIG is looking for a Maternity Leave Cover (12 months) to join FIIG’s Operational Shared Services team. The team is responsible for providing operational and data support to FIIG’s business teams including Fixed Income Markets, Custody, Short Term Money Market (STMM), FIIG Managed Income Portfolio Services (MIPS) and Debt Capital Markets (DCM). FIIG is looking for an individual with relevant operations experience at a custodian, broker, investment manager or other financial services institution.
The role will be required to deliver operational processes and controls in line with FIIG’s AFS License and GS007 Operational Certification requirements.
The person will be comfortable working in a fast moving and dynamic environment and be able to build strong relationships with multiple internal teams. The successful candidate will have a strong track record of delivering quality client service, have the ability to solve complex problems, be results driven, have strong attention to detail and strive for efficiency and innovation.
This role is based in our Brisbane office.
- The final delivery and ongoing support of Simcorp Dimension
- A key operational control contact for internal FIIG teams including Markets, Custody, MIPS, STMM, DCM and Finance
- Deliver processes and controls for the support of FIIG’s security & market data, end of day and intraday pricing, reference data and other FIIG static data
- Deliver processes and controls for the support of FIIG’s counterparties data in Dimension including Standard Settlement Instructions, Bank Accounts, LEIs, ABNs, Legal Names and Contract Note/Trade Confirmation requirements
- Deliver a consistent approach to automating and managing reconciliations using IntelliMatch and Bizagi for Custody, MIPS, STMM and all Intercompany reconciliations
- Deliver controls for the processing of fees, billing and invoicing (using RevPort, Fee, Billing and Invoicing system)
- Deliver processes and controls for Custody ATO (AU) and IRS (US) Tax Reporting
- Develop and maintain written procedures for all operational support functions
- Responsible for delivering processes and controls in line with industry best practice
- Responsible for delivering processes and controls to ensure the successful completion of the GS007 Operational Certification and in line with FIIG’s obligation under its AFS License
- Participate in the delivery of key strategic initiatives including the implementation of Simcorp Dimension
Three great things about the job:
1. The role you will be responsible for is imperative to the continued growth of the business. This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated individual who takes a lot of pride in delivering of objectives
2. Opportunity to build relationships with our markets team and sub custodian teams locally and offshore
3. The chance to be a part of an iconic brand who cares about their customers and staff and are continuously looking to grow and open up the fixed income market to more investors
Skills and experience
- Degree qualified or (at least part qualified)
- 5-10 years of experience within the Financial Services Industry
- A proven track record for providing exceptional client service to external and/or internal clients
- Demonstrate initiative, problem solving skills and have strong attention to detail
- Experience with Fixed Income securities a strong advantage
- Previous supervisory experience managing small teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle high paced environment while delivering a high level of output at exceptional quality.
- Intermediate to Advanced computer literacy in MS Office with a focus on Excel
- Experience working in a GS007 Certified operations team an advantage
About the FIIG Team
When talented, performance driven, values based individuals team up, they make great things happen. Be part of our future by joining our great team. Enjoy working in a vibrant organisation where people come to realise their potential, keen to make a real difference to our clients’ success, our brand and team. We work as one team but take personal ownership and responsibility for how we deliver and perform. We are commercially focused, have a positive “can do” attitude, act with a sense of urgency and play as one team.
We are looking for people who are powered by passion and self-leadership, seeing the business as their own, eager to challenge themselves to do their best work in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, engaging team environment. We are committed to helping you grow and develop at all stages of your career
Our core values are:
- Client Focus: We focus on the client in everything we do
- Integrity: We are open, genuine and honest
- Collaboration: We seek what is best for FIIG as 'one team'
- Forward Thinking: We provide innovative and sustainable solutions to deliver for the long term
- Excellence: We aspire to be the best
At FIIG Securities we expect our employees to role model the FIIG Values in their day to day work. If the above sounds like a culture you want to be apart of, apply now.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?