Advertiser: Johnson RecruitmentMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 May 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $30 - $33 p/h + Super
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Medical Administration
Our client is established and continuing to grow. They occupy stunning rooms located within Epworth Hospital, Richmond with possibly one of Melbourne's finest vistas. They offer patients Australia’s most comprehensive private head and neck cancer service. The practice consists of three utterly delightful surgeons (and other sessional physicians), operating at the top of their fields who value the support from a dedicated and professional staff team. This is a practice with an excellent reputation within the medical community and a great place to work!
As the Medical Receptionist/Secretary you will provide top quality front of house service to all visitors to the practice as part of a team of professionals.
Duties and Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Management of reception including meet and greet on consulting days
- Set, confirm and reschedule patient appointments
- Send appointment confirmations
- Prepare patient accounts, utilising Medicare Online and Genie
- Act as the front line contact for people contacting reception
- General admin (phones, scanning, filing, faxing) and typing as required
- Ensure the waiting area is kept tidy
- Participate in regular performance and development plans
- Participate in staff meetings and uphold the values of the practice
The Medical Receptionist/Secretary position requires experience in a similar front of house role within a specialist (surgical highly sought) medical practice. You will demonstrate a dedication to providing excellence in patient service and be confident in your skills as well as receptive to instruction and guidance as needed. You will have developed practical techniques to keep your day organised and to ensure you complete important tasks to enable patients a smooth transition in and out of the practice. You will be naturally confident and team focused, enjoying contributing to the success of the practice. It is important you can demonstrate knowledge of healthcare privacy legislation and accuracy working with patient records.
Salary & Benefits
An attractive hourly rate is offered in the range of $30 - $33 + super. Ongoing training and development is available as well as career progression opportunities. The work environment is stunning and you'll have the benefit of working with some of the country's leaders in their specialist field as well as a professional, experienced and dedicated admin team.
To apply for this position, click 'apply' and upload a resume and cover letter in Word format (no PDFs). Initial enquiries can be made to Simonne Sigston, Johnson Recruitment on 03 9946 7328.