Architectural Draftsman / Building DesignerPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Jun 2019
- Gold Coast
- $80,000 - $100,000 OTE
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Design & Architecture, Architectural Drafting
Superdraft is an innovative, award-winning Architectural Design and Drafting company focusing on both residential and commercial projects Australia wide, offering clients a complete end to end service. We are now one of the country's leading design and drafting service providers completing over 1000 projects per year and managing over 300 contractors around Australia.
If you are a talented Architectural Draftsman or Building Designer who is feeling a little bored and tired of design and drafting, and open to focus more of your time on consultation, client liaison and scoping and quoting projects, then this new role is perfect for you. We invite you to join us on our mission to simplify the design and build process globally.
We have an opportunity for you to still use your expertise as a designer, but also pick up new skills and earn a higher salary at the same time.
- Speak to new clients about their new design and drafting projects by phone, video chat and email
- Take sufficient information about the project in order to provide an accurate scope and quote
- Calculation of fee proposals
- Initial project setup/administration using our Project Management system (if required);
- Basic Design Sketches and gathering relevant design and drafting material as part of the consultation process
- Liaising with the Superdraft project support team and Design contractors regarding projects
Skills and experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in Architectural Drafting
- Building Design experience is preferred but not essential (useful for design consultation)
- Strong understanding of Australian Building Codes and Residential Planning Codes
- Strong experience using either Autocad, Revit or ArchiCad software and also Microsoft office tools including word and excel
- Ability to speak to clients with confidence with regards to project design and drafting advice
- Experience in creating project scope of works and fee proposals is preferred
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Excellent ccommunication skills both written and oral
- Well Organized / Quick Learner
- Exhibit a high-performance mindset
55k base with 10% profit share on new project starts. OTE 80k - 110k
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?