Mechanical EngineerPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 16 May 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
About the business
BMT is a leading engineering and project management consultancy, delivering world class innovative solutions within the Defence and maritime sectors.
We work on a variety of exciting and challenging projects, with opportunities for our people to expand their expertise and shape the industries in which we work.
We are dedicated to building lasting client focused relationships. Our people are continuously improving themselves and our business to provide our clients with technically excellent and innovative solutions.
About the role
This is a full-time position located in Sydney.
The successful candidate will join a team of outstanding professionals across BMT in Australia and will provide in-house design support to a large scale project as part of a BMT team. You will be client facing, need to be commercially astute and enjoy working within a small team.
BMT will provide you with mentoring, training and support to obtain your Chartered Engineer status.
Benefits and perks
Joining our team gives you access to our world class engineers and project managers, in an environment where new ideas are encouraged and nurtured. We are an employee benefit trust which means that our profits go directly back to our people through continued development and profit sharing.
- Competitive remuneration and benefits package
- Bonus based on company profitability
- Ongoing professional development and training
- Flexible work arrangement
- A culture of diversity and innovative thinking
Skills and experience
The successful candidate will have:
- A recognised university degree in Maritime Engineering;
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in the maritime field;
- The ability to design and develop engineering changes, feasibility studies and technical investigations with limited supervision;
- Strong verbal and written communication;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant standards and regulations and their impact on design;
- Willingness to work towards becoming a Chartered Engineer; and
- Experience in shipbuilding, marine production, submarines and/or project management will be highly regarded.
Please note: You must be eligible to obtain an Australian Defence security clearance.
- Please email your application to email@example.com and include a separate cover letter clearly outlining how your education, security clearance level and experience aligns with the requirements of the job.
- Please name all files with your first and last name e.g., Sara Smith Resume.doc and Sara Smith Cover Letter.doc
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Are you willing to relocate for this role?