National Track Sprint Coach
Advertiser: Cycling AustraliaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 May 2019
- Work Type
- Sport & Recreation, Coaching & Instruction
Cycling Australia (CA) is the National Body for the sport of cycling in Australia as recognised by the International Cycling Union (UCI), the Australian Government (Australian Sports Commission and Australian Institute of Sport), the Australian Olympic Committee, Commonwealth Games Australia and the Australian Paralympic Committee.
CA is responsible for the management and development of the sport from the national team at the elite level, including Olympic, Paralympic and Commonwealth Games, through to grass roots’ community level participation.
The organisation is structured across the areas of High Performance, Commercial, Participation & Membership, Sport, Communications, and Corporate Services including finance & administration and information technology.
The focus of the Australian Cycling Team is to support CA Vision of becoming the World’s Leading Cycling Nation and the HP program contribution to this vision will be measured by Olympic and Paralympic Gold medals in 2020 and 2024. This role is a key component to ensure we are leaders, and we maximise our chances of meeting these objectives.
Primary Job Purpose
Provide support to the National Senior Track Sprint Coach in planning, enhancing, implementing and monitoring of the sprint program’s daily training environment and development pathway; with a focus on the preparation for and delivery of the tactical and technical skills required for winning at the Olympic Games.
Description of Role
- Coach and mentor all athletes within the Cycling Australia High Performance Network towards the performance behaviours and culture identified by Cycling Australia as required to win at the Olympic Games.
- Assist in the selection, preparation, coaching and mentoring of selected Cycling Australia National teams and riders at international and domestic competitions. Where required act as the lead coach at domestic and international competitions.
- Act as a coach within the Australian Cycling Team track cycling program focussed on tactical and technical preparation of sprint athletes by contributing to periodised planning, and the design and delivery of training sessions.
- Work with the National Senior Track Coach to continually improve both the high performance environment and communicate the philosophy and direction of Cycling Australia to all relevant partners throughout the development pathway to ensure sustained success beyond 2020.
Knowledge and Experience
- Up to 5 years experience and demonstrated international success as a coach and experience as an athlete at an international level is also desirable.
- Level 2 CA Coaching accreditation or equivalent. Tertiary education in sport science, coaching or a related field is desirable.
- Demonstrates knowledge of What It Will Take to Win with high level technical knowledge of cycling coaching principles including techniques, high performance planning processes, coaching trends and international developments.
- In depth knowledge and application of the principles of coaching, skill acquisition and the specific technical and tactical skills required for success in sprint cycling.
- Excellent computer skills for communication, reporting and in performance analysis software for the monitoring of elite cyclists and able to maintain detailed records.
- Well-developed interpersonal, oral and written communication, team-work, people management and leadership skills.
- Ability to ride a motor bike and track bike in the daily training environment.
High Performance Behaviours
- Passion for excellence and strong desire to excel | seeks world class levels of professionalism, technical delivery and quality standards
- Team working | brings vision and develops direction and structure, ensures clarity of role and purpose
- Sets high standards of performance for self and others | assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing tasks, ensuring high quality
- Communication | clearly conveys information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals and groups
- Commitment to continuous learning | actively identifies new areas for learning; regularly takes advantage of learning opportunities
Key Partners and Stakeholder include
- Australian Cycling Team athletes and staff
- High Performance Network (HPN) / National Institute Network (NIN)
- Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) including Performance Coaching and Leadership Team
- Travel throughout Australia and internationally will be required
- Comply with all policies set down by CA and ensure that they are implemented as appropriate
How to apply:
Applications for this role, including a covering letter and CV, should be directed to:
Irene Stamatopoulos at email@example.com
ONLY SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?