Graduate Lawyer (Solicitor)
Advertiser: Gells LawyersMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 May 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Legal, Generalists - Law Firm
GRADUATE LAWYER (SOLICITOR)
Exceptional Career Opportunity
About the Role:
We are a boutique insurance law and commercial litigation practice located in the heart of the CBD with a sound client base and an excellent reputation within the profession with a focus on providing advice to major insurance companies and publicly listed companies. This is an exciting chance to join a collaborative and vibrant practice and become an integral part of the team.
This role involves working closely with an experienced and respected Partner and Solicitor on a range of interesting and complex matters and help our clients achieve their desired outcomes - whether that is through identifying early settlement opportunities or litigating.
Available work is plentiful and varied, in the range to be expected of a long-established firm such as ours. The role is a great opportunity for a lawyer to get involved in challenging cases, develop skills and progress their career.
The firm is supportive of further education and career development aspirations of all of our team members.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 1 year of post- admission experience working principally in general commercial litigation, with specific expertise in the debt recovery litigious process – including acting for insurers in subrogated property damage recovery actions.
- Have a proven track record in having effective conduct of Local Court, District Court or Supreme Court matters with a degree of autonomy.
- Be a dynamic self-starter with passion, initiative and drive and capable of working well in a team environment
- Demonstrate excellent communication (verbal and written) and stakeholder management skills, with an ability to build and strengthen professional relationships.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess strong time management skills
- Be conscientious in their work, client-focussed and driven to exceed deadlines and targets.
Please send your Cover Letter and CV to Gells Lawyers
Attention: Paul Bailey